PDA

View Full Version : 2 year anniversary, too!

chrisy
10-01-2006, 09:09 PM
Jener8er reminded me - today is MY two year anniversary of my very first chemo. Although I was hopeful that the cocktail would do it's job on the cancer, I was also so fearful of the "death sentence" that had been pronounced on me a few weeks earlier with extensive liver mets.

Just a reminder to all out there - don't accept anyone quoting statistics on you (unless they're good ones!). Prognosis stats, especially with the advent of Herceptin, are "old news" - and the ladies here are writing the new statistics.

I just wanted to express my gratitude to Joe and Christine, all those who on this site who have give me hope (especially in my early days as a lurker in despair!), and those who by God's grace were placed in my path just as I needed them.

It is a miracle to be alive. And life is indeed a BEAUTIFUL thing!

Much love and gratitude to you all

Chris

tousled1
10-02-2006, 01:05 AM
Chrisy,

Congratulations! I could have said it better about being alive.

Mary Jo
10-02-2006, 03:57 AM
What an awesome post. So full of joy and LIFE. I'm happy for you.

God is good.............

Marejo

Sheila
10-02-2006, 04:03 AM
Chris

Each milestone will be so important...it seems like life in general becomes so much more pronounced with each new day...we have learned not to take the simple joys for granted....may you have many many more anniversaries to celebrate!!!!!

IRENE FROM TAMPA
10-02-2006, 04:19 AM
I am so happy for you on your 2nd year ....

I agree with you to keep that fighting spirit even if given a bad progosis. You are proof of that. Keep up the good work and prove them all wrong.

MJo
10-02-2006, 06:10 AM
It is a miracle to be alive and enjoying this gorgeous day. I have a bad cold and last night I was feeling rotten. I thought -- what am I grateful for? Answer: a firm mattress and soft pillow cases. Enjoy your day...MJO

lexigirl
10-02-2006, 08:08 AM
Chrisy,

Happy 2 year anniversary!! You are always positive and upbeat!! I am sure that you will be celebrating many more healthy anniversaries!!

Lexi

Julie2
10-02-2006, 08:28 AM
Chrisy,

Happy 2 year anniverseray. we need people like you to keep up the hope.

Julie

lucky4x
10-02-2006, 08:40 AM
Congratulations!!!!

I wish for you many more milestones!
Happy dancing here for you, in Canada.

Lucky

Andi
10-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Congratulations on your 2 years! Your attitude is so positive, may you have many more anniversarys to come!

juanita
10-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Congratulations! What a thrill you must be having to reach such an important step.

sadie
10-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Congratulations on your 2 year chemo-anniversary!
It's news like that, that keeps us all smiling during our down-times!
Thanks for sharing your wonderful news! :)

Ceesun
10-02-2006, 05:54 PM
Best wishes always and congrats!! Ceesun

sassy
10-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Wonderful Day!
________
ZOLOFT PRILOSEC NEXIUM (http://classactionsettlements.org/)