PDA

View Full Version : herceptin ques.

kerbearcure32
09-29-2006, 10:22 PM
Hi I was dx oct 04 stage 3-b with pos nodes 31 yrs old and had a tumor 6.9cm did radical mast then did dose- dense chemo a/c X4 then taxolX4 then 7weeks daliy rads 37 in all then did weekley doses of herceptin x52 weeks. has anyone here had same tx. i keep reading posts and most of you did herceptin with chemo too . i just am wondering why i did not have xeloda add or navelbine to my herceptin tx. do you think it will still be ok? thanks kerry

doh2pa
09-30-2006, 09:39 AM
Hi

I think the therapy that you've received is the standard therapy and most women have a lot of success on this regimen. I think navilbene and other chemos are second line (for those who fail their primary therapy).

Donna

tousled1
09-30-2006, 10:20 AM
Kerry,

I did 4 A/C then 4 Taxatore. I never started Herceptin until after my surgery. Now I am on Herceptin only --nothing else. Your diagnosis is almost the same as mine. I don't know how many positive nodes you had but I had 14 out of 26.

peace
09-30-2006, 10:58 AM
hello! I hope you feel better.

I'll tell you my funny story.

I Had treartment A+C 4 times and Taxotere+herceptin 4times.

but lasttime chemo finish my tuomer growing back half size than before start 1 chimo.

so,I took first line medicine and it was such a storong enough to me.
anway I had lumpectomy on 2weeks ago. I'm 33y old.

my onc told me if I continue to take a T +H 6month is 50% to haven't reccrence rather.
so,I aleady took 4times .so about maye40%~50%if actually hercepin works
on me.

Ithink your onc made right dicision for you that time and if you feel don't right go see another doc.
it's very hard to deal with every things even people said that it's nothing! but it's YOUR life.
we are on a war and we are not nomal now.

go girls XX00

karen raines hunt
10-01-2006, 02:02 PM
HI,

I was diagnosed in Apr 05 with stage 3A. My tumor was 12 cm and the 2 sentinel nodes were positive. I had radical mastectomy and prophylactic on right, 4 dose dense AC, 12 Taxol and 52 weeks of Herceptin...........and yes 35 doses of radiation. I am in the HERA trial, which I guess you are too. I was 46 at the time of diagnosis.

kerbearcure32
10-01-2006, 06:50 PM
hello everyone, thank you soo much for the input and support everyone has given me. i guess i am a little scared and just checking it. Today is my 2nd year since my dx. I am so greatful to have found this great web site. Sisters United Together We Fight. Hugges and prayers for you all. kerry

Cathya
10-02-2006, 05:17 AM
Kerry;

Great to have you on the site. I had the same treatment as you...4 AC, 4 Taxol, herceptin and rads....except I can't take herceptin anymore....but so far so good.

Cathy

lucky4x
10-02-2006, 08:15 AM
First time around back in 2000 I had AC and Taxotere plus rads. Herceptin was not available to me at that time.

After mets ( to lungs) dx in Aug 2005 I was told that Navelbine is a fairly standard chemo for lungs combined with the Herceptin. This was not the first choice though, as the onc wanted to put me on Taxol combined with Herceptin until he recalled I had Taxotere previously. Taxol and Taxotere are like sister drugs and usually not given again ( if they can help it) as it is so hard on the system.

Hope this helps.
Lucky

Barbara
10-02-2006, 12:46 PM
Hi:

You said you were first diagnosed in 2000. If you would share, what was your tumor size and did you have any positive nodes? Were you ER+ or ER-? I wish you the best in defeating the lung mets.

Barbara