PDA

View Full Version : HER2 Vaccines

Joe
09-28-2006, 04:46 AM
Latest clinicaltrials.gov search reveals that there are presently 17 ongoing clinical trials for vaccines to treat HER2/neu cancer:

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct/search;jsessionid=011F5B15CD405C114B4FCFB016ACF418 ?term=her2%2C+vaccine

Some of them are in phase II development. We are very optimistic and firmly believe that HER2 breast cancer may be controlled within the next 5 years.

All of you who have enrolled in clinical trials should be commended for your contributions to research.

Regards
Joe

Sherryg683
09-28-2006, 01:34 PM
How do these trial work? Do you have to go to the city the trial is in and get the vaccines, or can my local Oncologist get me enrolled in them and do the vaccines himself? I really would like to look into this..sherryg683

Margerie
09-28-2006, 03:09 PM
I am looking at one of the trials in Seattle. I have to go there 7 times in 15 months to participate. I live in CA, but will do it if I am eligible. Doing the application now. The coordinator said they are government funded and do not have travel allowances. But some local hotels and airlines offer good discounts if you let them know your situation. The U of Wa also can write a letter on your behalf.

I am trying to talk another local gal into doing it with me so that we can travel together!

Joy
09-29-2006, 08:29 AM
Thank you Joe, for posting this and making your statement about the future of Her2 cancers. I really needed that today.