PDA

View Full Version : Taken off Herceptin once again

Cathya
09-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Well I restarted Herceptin 4 weeks ago. Just got a call today from my onc's office. He had just received my latest Gated Heart Scan and it's dropped back down to 41 so he's cancelled any further treatments. I was put on weekly this time but it didn't seem to do any good for me. I have been taking CoQ10 as well. I had been hopeful as I had heart that many restart and don't have the same heart problems. I am grateful to have taken the Bayer Serum Her2 test and had a low score of 7.2 or 7.3 so I will not worry right now. I see the onc in a couple of weeks and I'll see what he recommends.

Cathy

Susan
09-29-2006, 10:23 AM
Hi Cathy:

I too, had to stop herceptin treatments about 2 months now, because of low MUGA scores. I went to my doctor at the University of Michigan on Wednesday, and said I don't need anymore herceptin. I was on every 3 week schedule, for one year. I got in 7 1/2 months, and he said that there is now evidence in European trials, showing that getting herceptin for 6 months is as good as 1 year. So I am done! I now just have to get my monthly shot of faslodex now.

Good Luck with everything!
Sue