PDA

View Full Version : Xeloda Navelbine and Herceptin and the Bathroom

Ceesun
09-24-2006, 05:57 PM
Good Evening All, I have written before to tell that I am on a clinical trial with these 3 drugs after a single met to lung. Two cycles almost done.Has anyone experienced constipation with Navelbine and what do you use for sluggish bowels. I took 2 Senocat this morning. Please help##!!! Ceesun

vickie h
09-24-2006, 06:33 PM
Hi Ceesun, I am on Navelbine and Herceptin and have been taking magnesium powder (CALM) in warm water two to three times a day. It is laxative and does not strip the good bacteria from your intestines like laxatives can. I usually start a day or two before treatment and take enough until my bowels are somewhat loose. It works amazingly well. It is important to move your bosels after Navelbine because it is so toxic. Good luck, and let me know how you are doing, Love and Hugs, Vickie H

vickie h
09-24-2006, 06:35 PM
I forgot to say that you should keep taking it after chemo until you have several good bowel movements. You can take a teaspoon or more several times a day. Love, Vickie H

Barbara H.
09-25-2006, 02:44 PM
I eat oatmeal in the morning with pruins. I also try to eat more fruit.
Barbara H.

Ceesun
09-27-2006, 05:28 PM
thanks, ladies-I will give it a try! Ceesunhttp://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif

Mgarr
09-27-2006, 07:45 PM
Chemo nurses recommended Smooth Move tea 1 cup worked for me when I had severe constipation. I found it in the health food store.Mary