PDA

View Full Version : Doc felt enlarge lymph node

lu ann
09-22-2006, 05:54 PM
Hi,

I had an appt. today with my onc. She felt an enlarged lymph node just above my collar bone on the side of my breast cancer. I can hardly feel anything, but I'm no doc. She discontinued xeloda until we get results from upcoming CT, bone, and muga scans. I will also be having a mamogram as she also found a small nodgle in my real breast.

She will hopefully get the o.k. to start me on tykerb and xeloda once we get results.

Please pray for me.
Love Lu Ann

Liz J.
09-22-2006, 06:00 PM
Hi Lu Ann,

Prayers and all good wishes coming to you. Stay as positive as you can. You will do fine.

Hugs and Blessings,

Liz J.

Sandy H
09-22-2006, 06:09 PM
I hope you start the xeloda/tykerb soon. I am having great results with it now, if I can tolerate the side effects of diarrhea. hugs, Sandy

RhondaH
09-22-2006, 06:35 PM
Done!!!! Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

Margerie
09-22-2006, 08:07 PM
Lu ann, I hope your doc is just being overzealous. Good thoughts coming your way!

And what a cute calico. I just love calico girls.

Bev
09-22-2006, 08:19 PM
LuAnn, prayers said.I hope there's not too many trials ahead. Someone on this site beautifully said fear and faith can't occupy the same space so try the faith. I know it's harder when your're the one that has to implement these thoughts. You can do it. Best of luck. BB

lu ann
09-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Liz, Rhonda, Girls, Thanks for all the kind thoughts and prayers.

Sandy, I didn't have any diarhea with the xeloda alone, so hopefully I won't have it with the combo. Glad you are doing well with this combo. Keep it up!

Bev, I know it can be hard, but I just keep reminding myself that Faith comes from God and fear comes from the evil one.

Marjorie, Thanks for the compliment on my sweet kitty, Millie. She is an ornery little thing, only likes me. My oldest daughter rescued her from the wild 8 years ago so she is still a little skidish. She hisses and spits at her shadow if it gets in her way.

I forget that some of you get pictures of us on the message boards. I don't, unless I go to the membership site.

I don't have my appts. yet, but will let all of you know when I am going.

Love and Blessings to You All
Love, Lu Ann

karenann
09-22-2006, 10:25 PM
Lu ann,

You are in my prayers.

Hugs,
Karen

Cathya
09-23-2006, 03:38 AM
Lu ann;

I am sorry to hear your onc found that node and regret to tell you that that is how my tumor in my supraclavicular node was found. My onc had a biopsy done of it and I see your's isn't so perhaps it is not the same thing. Mine was blasted with radiation and chemo and appears now to be gone. I was told that if you must have this spread anywhere....that is the best place. Take care Lu ann and I hope it's all about nothing.

Cathy

Sheila
09-23-2006, 04:51 AM
LuAnn

I have been living with mets to the nodes in the collarbone for 3 years...they are stubborn, but treatable...I am on Herceptin and Xeloda to control mine....prayers are on the way...

heblaj01
09-23-2006, 01:03 PM
Lu ann,
Please read the posts in this thread on PET/CT scans for lymph nodes (may help avoid unnessary invasive procedures if swollen nodes are not metastatic):

http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25406

Vanessa
09-23-2006, 05:08 PM
Hi LuAnn,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Here is hoping that it is nothing!

Becky
09-23-2006, 05:24 PM
I am thinking of you Lu Ann. I am a native Ohioian so we have to stick together (Youngstown).

Big hug to you

Becky

Lolly
09-23-2006, 08:05 PM
Hi Lu Ann; I had a first recurrence to supraclavicular node on the primary bc side, and as Sheila says, they are very treatable although sometimes stubborn. Mine seems to have finally shrunk into just a small area of scar tissue...if your onc is hoping to start you on Tykerb/Xeloda if this is confirmed as mets, that's fantastatic.
Please keep us posted.

<3 Lolly

MJo
09-24-2006, 01:29 PM
All the very best from me. Sending up a prayer that this is nothing. I also admired your cat. MJO

Audrey
09-24-2006, 05:18 PM
Sorry to hear this, Lu Ann, I will keep you in my prayers--keep the faith and keep us posted on your progress. Hugs, Audrey

SusanV
09-24-2006, 07:05 PM
LuAnn,

I am hoping it is nothing.....keep the faith

tousled1
09-25-2006, 05:25 AM
LuAnn,

Here's hoping that the lymph node is just an inflammation and nothing more.

Jean
09-25-2006, 06:46 AM
Dear Lu Ann

Will keep you in my prayers!

Jean

lu ann
09-26-2006, 02:10 AM
Thanks for all of your encouraging posts. Millie, the cat, thanks you too.

Regardless of the outcome of the lymph node, I will be continuing some type of treatment, as I'm still battling active disease.

I knew several of you have been treating this area for sometime now, so you give me encouragement.

I have been off of herceptin since Dec. 2005, since she felt that it was not working.

I'm considering asking to go back on taxol, carbo, and herc. if I can't get the tykerb. This combo seems to be the only one that worked. I did not have severe side effects, but my old doc felt that I was having progression in my lungs because of the pleural effusion. My scans looked stable and my ca15-3 was down to 22, normal being 33<.

Counts started to climb with navlebine,herc. combo and gemsar,herc. combo. I'm not sure what they are now, but they were over 100 spring 2006. Counts were 345 before treatment was started Feb. 2004.

I think she is doing everything to make my case a priority for tykerb. I felt great on the xeloda, so hopefully the combo won't be too toxic.

My CT scan is 09/27, Muga 09/29, and Bone scan is 10/03. I'll let you all know when I find out. Thanks again for all of your support.

Love and Blessings
Lu Ann