PDA

View Full Version : Good news on brain mets

Johanna Johannsdottir
09-22-2006, 07:13 AM
Hello all,

Had restults from CT-scan on abdomen and head yesterday. The mets in liver ar still all gone and mets in the brain are practicly gone, but not quite. My doctor said they have shrinked in this 2 months since radiation more than anyone could hope for or expect. They will continue shrinking, he said, because it takes longer time to deal with mets in the brain than in organs. Í also have regression in the bones. As he said: This is so good and there is hardly any cancer in your body. He himself was thrilled and I was like mummy and stared and had nothing to say in the beginning.
I´m of course thankful and humble and today I'm enjoying the beautiful autumn sun and colors.
I will continue on herceptin weekly at least till februar (one year). I just wanted to share with you this good news and thank you all for support and information. This site has done so much for me because one has to understand what one is facing and dealing with.

dx jan 2002 er+pr+ mastect. nodes 25/25
aug. 2005 dx in bones (navelbine, Femara), jan.2006 in liver (checked for HER then Taxotere, herceptin) and june dx 2006 in brain (Foculized radiation and again Femara, herceptin).

Again thanks for all support

Jóhanna in Iceland

Joy
09-22-2006, 12:08 PM
This is so exciting and we are so glad that you shared this news. What a gift for you and us. Keep it up.

StephN
09-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Good work, lady! You must be stronger than the "average bear." You are another good example of brain mets getting under control. Join the club!

Only thing that seems to be missing in your treatment regime is something to get tough with those bone mets. Are you on any kind of biphosphenate to discourage the cancer in bones??
I take Zometa, and have for over 3 years now, as a protection. With this long NED, I am cut down to one treatment of Zometa every 3 months.

Any bone building exercise is also good. I am sure you get some of that if I recall your previous posts correctly.

Johanna Johannsdottir
09-22-2006, 01:55 PM
Thank you girls,

I forgot to include Zometa in my regime plan. I have Zometa every four weeks. And there is something good happening in bones as the scanner showed. I will continue taking Zometa. By the way. I was told by another onc. on this conference that Tykerb was coming to Iceland in free use for the University hospital.

best regards

Jóhanna

Vanessa
09-22-2006, 08:26 PM
Congratulations on your good news!!

Lolly
09-22-2006, 09:24 PM
Yeahhh! And double Yeah on Tykerb "coming soon to a treatment center near you" :)

<3 Lolly

Jean
09-25-2006, 10:32 AM
Johanna,

So pleased to read your post! Congrads - and I wish you continued
improvment! Way to Go!

Will keep you in my prayers.

Jean

tousled1
09-25-2006, 10:37 AM
Johanna,

Great news!