PDA

View Full Version : GOod scans

Vanessa
09-21-2006, 06:27 PM
Just wanted to report that I went to my doctor's visit to find out the result of my catscan and petscan and I am happy to report that after 3 months of chemo, my scans are clear. My doctor seemed quite happy and somewhat surprised. She said we would do 3 more months of chemo and then hopefully she can maintain me with Herceptin. I am stage iv and had metastasis to the liver. I guess there is hope, however, I am afraid to get too excited.

Mary Jo
09-21-2006, 06:43 PM
Hi Vanessa,

I am soooooooooo happy for you.

God Bless you,

Mary Jo

SusanV
09-21-2006, 06:44 PM
SOO Happy to hear your good news. You will probably get a good nights sleep tonight. Have a wonderful weekend ! I am very happy for you

chrisy
09-21-2006, 07:21 PM
Vanessa, what terrific news! How fun to "pleasantly" surprise your oncologist. You're quite the overachiever! What a great response to chemo...take the extra bit to make sure you've slapped it down. There's reason to be optimistic about maintaining on Herceptin, many can go for years, and Herceptin is quite tolerable compared to chemo. I myself had extensive liver mets and have been on Herceptin alone since March 05 (so far so good!) and several ladies are at 5,6 and beyond years and still counting.

Take care, keep up the "good work"!
Chris

Cathya
09-21-2006, 07:28 PM
Vanessa;

Fantastic news. I know that Gina, who used to post here, also had mets to the liver and has been controlling her disease totally over the last 6-7 years using only herceptin. She watches her tumor markers and Serum Her2 plus uses scans and if anything seems to be developing she hammers down the markers with a loading dose of herceptin. She thinks of her disease more like a chronic illness that must be closely monitored at all times. There are also lots of new treatments being developed all the time as well. Celebrate your wonderful news and dream happy thoughts.

Cathy

lexigirl
09-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Vaness,

That's GREAT news!! We will get excited for you!! It sounds like your tx is just right for those liver mets. Here's hoping that they are gone for good!

Lexi

John21
09-22-2006, 06:42 AM
Very Cool. Keep strong and keep on going!

John

Carol E
09-22-2006, 09:58 AM
Hi Vanessa,
I am sooo happy for you, I also have mast to the liver, you said you had 3 months of chemo, which one did you have? I will start taxol and Avestin next week, anyone know what I should expect from these chemo's? I have been on this site just for three days or so and I want to thank all of you for wonderful knowledge and the way you support each other, you are great!
Carol E.

MJo
09-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Congratulations Vanessa. This is wonderful news. Enjoy yourself. MJO

Joy
09-22-2006, 12:05 PM
Way to go Vanessa! I am also curious as to what treatment you have been doing.

So happy for you!

Vanessa
09-22-2006, 08:12 PM
Hi. Thank you for all of your responses. It still seems somewhat surreal, since I have been expecting the worst. The treatment I was on was taxotere and herceptin. I was also on carboplatin, but had an anaphylactic response, so I had to discontinue the carboplatin. My doctor went from you may be doing chemo the rest of your life to 3 more months of chemo and then maintenance on Herceptin. I really like my doctor. I could tell she had good news when she walked in the door. She had a huge smile on her face! I am so glad to pass on good results to others. There is hope. That is one thing I have learned from this site.

lu ann
09-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Dear Vanessa, Don't be afraid to be happy with the results of your tests. We never know what we will be faced with day to day whether or not we have cancer. Take care and God Bless you. Lu Ann