PDA

View Full Version : PORT Placement tomorrow morning at 10:00 AM

SusanV
09-21-2006, 04:01 PM
Hey Guys,

Wish me luck tomorrow(Friday, Sept 22nd) 10:00 am EST, I will be having my port placement done. Think of me !! Yesterday I had the blood draw done for the gentetic testing, which will take 28 days from the time they begin the test. This coming Monday,the 25th is my second chemo. Whoa...it is a busy several days focusing on cancer....Can't wait till Tuesday gets here and it is all over again for a little while !

One last update...shaved my head this week..I look like I am ready for boot camp ! :)

gin-tx
09-21-2006, 04:09 PM
Dear Susan,

I wish you the best of luck in the world tomorrow. I had a port put installed end of June, makes things so much easier for chemo. You may be a little sore for a few days but it's an easy surgery.

Are you doing Herceptin or another mixture of drugs. My onc is doing Herceptin and Aridia for the time being. If my blood work changes, then he will have to try something else. I was diagnosed in April 2006, had first BC in 1995, then after biopsy in April that came back malignant much to even the dr's surprise, had a bone scan followed by MRI, had tumor on spine that was malignant, changed everyting to Stage IV metastatic. I took 18 rounds of radiation, still have to do radiation on the breast, not looking forward to it.

You are so young to have been diagnosed with this, my daughter is only a couple of years older than you are. I wish you the best of luck and please keep in touch.
hugs,
ginkott1@aol.com

lexigirl
09-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Dear Susan,

Will be thinking of you tomorrow morning. I hope that your procedure goes smoothly and you have speedy healing.

Hugs,
Lexi

Cathya
09-21-2006, 05:44 PM
Susan;

Smart girl!! Unfortunately I caught a cold at the beginning of chemo when the port was to be inserted and it got delayed. I ended up having all my chemo via vein and now they are totally shot....also I absolutely can't stand watching others get needles. It is so easy having a port and the operation is ok....you're not really out during it but don't really care....lol. All the best and let us know how it goes. Boot camp eh.....what was that movie with the actress who shaved her head....in the army. Do we EVER get over chemo brain or is it just me.

Cathy

Vanessa
09-21-2006, 06:23 PM
I hope your port placement goes well.

Bev
09-21-2006, 07:43 PM
Best of luck Susan. Although I was nervous the whole port surgery is pretty easy. Not much pain. You'll do great. BB

kerbearcure32
09-21-2006, 10:30 PM
i was dx in oct 04 stage3-b and had alot of chemo then weekley herceptin for 52weeks. i have had my port 2yrs 10-01-06 i can tell you this not one problem i love dont ever want to take it out.i will be thinking and praying for you.you will do great . hugs kerry

John21
09-22-2006, 06:40 AM
Gin, if you are using aredia, you might try zometa as an alternative. Aridia's infusion time is so long and zometa is only 15minutes. They do the same thing and less the trouble. ( unless you had a bad reaction to it)\

JOhn