PDA

View Full Version : Tykerb Clinical Trial

PatS
09-19-2006, 04:17 PM
Just wondering if anyone is doing the Tykerb clinical trial for patients up to 8 years post chemo who never received herceptin. I completed chemo in Jan. 2003 and was never able to get herceptin. I had discussed receiving late herceptin with my onc and although she was willing to give it to me if I decided I really wanted it, she didn't think it would be beneficial. Today at my 6 month onc. appt. she asked me if I would be interested in participating in a Tykerb cliinical trial from patient up to 8 years out of chemo who never received herceptin. It is a double bind trial though, so neither my dr. nor I would know whether or not I was actually getting Tykerb unless there was actually a medical emergency which required the dr. to find out. It looks like I would I would probably qualify and will probably do it. The trial here won't start for another month and I just had bone and ct scans last week so they would probably need to get a waiver for me not to have to repeat the scan. If they won't give me a waiver I'd have to have them again and I don't think my insurance would be willing to pay for them again so financially that could be an issue. I can't remember how much the cost but if need be I guess I'd have to figure out a way to pay for them. So, I was interested to find out if anyone else was on this trial or considering it??

Thanks.

Take care,
Pat

Barbara2
09-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Wow, that is great news for those who didn't have herceptin. I would jump at a chance to be in that trial, but I did have "late" herceptin. One would hope to be on the arm of the trial that receives Tykerb.

I would be interested in a Tykerb trial for NED's who have had herceptin.