PDA

View Full Version : intermittent ache and diarrehea

Mary Jo
09-15-2006, 02:51 PM
Hello all -

I have 2 herceptin treatments to go. For a few months now I have had intermittent left side achiness (under or near ribcage area) Sometimes it will be fine for a while but then resurface. I also have gas and some diarrehea. Since my last herceptin treatment it seems to be more constant - the achiness around rib cage area - has a little diarrehea every day. This time had diarrehea the morning after herceptin as well. Nothing serious - no weight loss or anyting - and usually just once a day (following a normal bowel movement). Just wondered if anyone else had these "tummy" troubles being on herceptin.

Thank you,

Mary Jo

Bev
09-15-2006, 06:06 PM
Hi Marejo'

I'm a short timer too. 4 more. I don't have the rib ache, but you've described my tummy troubles to a tee. I take a small dose of Immodium AD most days. It helped in the beginning. Docs and nurses don't seem worried about it. It is very likely the herceptin. Let me know if things go back to normal in a couple of months. BB

Vanessa
09-15-2006, 07:45 PM
Hi Marejo,

I also have the achiness in my rib cage area. I thought it was due to the aranesp shot, which I receive after my treatment for low RBC.