PDA

View Full Version : My wonderful experience today

Sherryg683
09-13-2006, 09:58 PM
I had a brain MRI done on Monday because of all the headaches I've been having. I called in today to get the results and spoke with the nurse. She told me she was going to pull my chart and call me RIGHT back with the results. Needless to say 3-1/2 hours later (and I had left several messages in that time), I had still not heard from her. I was going absolutely crazy. I figured there was a reason she hadn't called me back... bad news. It was almost time for the office to close... So I got back on the phone and called the receptionist and told her I was going insane with worry and to put that nurse on the phone. She came on the phone and cheerfully said "Oh, sorry..your results were normal". Duhhhh...don't they realize how much we worry about these things. And although I didn't expect her to call me back within 30 minutes...letting someone wait over that long is just not right....sherryg683

lindaw
09-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Dear Sherry

I agree with you . It is not fair to have to wait that long. I always thought they would but i don't think medicasl paople sometimes realize what it is like waiting for these results and what anguish you go through going over all the possibiliites. I am so glad its ok.

love
Lindaw

Shell
09-14-2006, 04:52 AM
Sherry-

I totally agree with you, but am so glad all is OK...

Shell

Sheila
09-14-2006, 05:35 AM
Sherry

I can understand your frustration...I guess I am lucky, when I get a mammography, they don't let me leave until I have a reading, when I get my scans, Mri's etc, I know within 24 hours....

chrisy
09-14-2006, 11:42 AM
Sherry,
Yes, I've had that happen, too...I guess they only get "charged up" when there's BAD news. They don't always understand that we're waiting by the phone with our blood pressure spiking!

Delighted to hear, however, that in the end the important experience (the results of the scan) was a wonderful one!
Hugs,
Chris

michele u
09-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Being a RN i understand all your concerns. After my dx of course, i try to call people RIGHT back as fast as possible. I also go out of my way to get the results from the hospitals. But with that said, i know nurses that don't want to call people back with bad news or they don't want to go out their way to LOOK for results for patients. Dr's are also bad about this. They are just plain too busy to go out of their way looking---and that's where a good hearted nurse is always appreciated!!

Vanessa
09-14-2006, 08:32 PM
So glad your news was good news, even if you had to wait for it! It is nervewracking to have to wonder about test results.