PDA

View Full Version : Feeling a bit anxious

KellyW
09-11-2006, 03:44 PM
I am new here so I hope I'm posting in the right spot. I had lumpectomy, chemo, and rad (right breast) in 2001. At the time I was told er/pr- her2-. I had a recurrence in 2005 (left breast). This time I was er/pr- her2+. Dr. believes it is a recurrence not new cancer and that I was probably her2+ the first time but they did not do as extensive testing then. Both times mammogram did not show cancer and I did not have a lump. I just had a feeling both times. 3 weeks prior to the first diagnosis, my husband of 21 years shocked me and told me he wanted a divorce. I was devastated then I found out a few weeks later I had cancer. (Our son was 7 at the time). It has been so hard. I was so devasted over the divorce that I never really dealt with the cancer emotionally. I think I'm having a delayed reaction to the cancer. I am now having pain in my left breast. It is the same type of pain I had in 2005, 6 months after my Oncologist and mammogram gave me a clean bill of health. I had pain and insisted they do another mammogram and an ultrasound. Bingo, cancer again. Now I am afraid I have it for a 3rd time. I see my Onc. tomorrow and have a "routine" mammogram scheduled for Sept. 22nd. I know that after you've had cancer, you wonder about every little pain but this pain is exactly what I felt with the cancer. I am also putting weight on all of a sudden and my stomach is really bloated. I do not have a flat stomach anyway but it is really enlarged. (I had a hysterectomy between cancer so I have no ovaries). I am just afraid that if I have it again, that will be it. I never really got to heal emotionally from all that has happened. I feel I wasted the last 5 years but I cannot help the emotional pain I was dealing with, it was real. Anyone out there with 1 or more recurrences? Thanks for listening. I needed to vent.

lexigirl
09-11-2006, 04:11 PM
Kelly,

I am sorry that you are going through this. Hopefully what you are experiencing is not cancer related. Did you complete herceptin for your last bc? I would definitely have it checked out, but until you know for sure, try not to worry yourself sick. I know that's hard not to do. I truly hope that it is nothing related to cancer.

Hugs,
Lexi

KellyW
09-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Thank you, I appreciate it. I noticed you live in Northern CA. I do too. I live in Elk Grove CA, where are you? I am going to try not to worry but it's hard. I don't think I could handle going through this for a 3rd time. I am a little over half way done with the Herceptin so I should finish sometime in January. Thanks again.

lexigirl
09-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Kelly,

Hey, we are almost neighbors! I live in Dixon, between Davis and Vacaville. We had some friends who lived in Elk Grove a few years ago. It has really grown. Great shopping and restaraunts. I hope that you are feeling positive. Perhaps we can meet for coffee or lunch sometime.

Hugs,
Lexi

KellyW
09-11-2006, 08:53 PM
Lexi,

Thanks for responding. I go through Dixon all the time on my way to Vallejo. I grew up in Vallejo and still visit family there. Yes, I will try to stay positive. Thanks!

Bev
09-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Hi Kelly,

So sorry about your rough time. I've never had a hysterectomy. Are you sure they did an oophramectomy too? If not, a trans-vaginal ultrasound is in order. It's weird how you actually felt pain before diagnosis. I guess that's a good thing. Keep us updated. BB

Lolly
09-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Hi Kelly; I'm sorry to hear you've had such an emotional roller coaster ride on top of the whole bc thing, but I'm glad you've found the site and yes, this is the support board!

I'm on my third recurrence, have had bi-lateral mastectomies and am now having radiation to the right axilla, site of this third recurrence, while on Xeloda/Herceptin. Don't despair, just get it checked out and if you have to be the squeaky wheel then squeak really loud so you get lots of grease and get to the bottom of this.
Keep us posted...

<3 Lolly

mamacze
09-13-2006, 09:18 PM
Hi Kelly,
You, dear child, have been through the ringer...you have every reason to vent and this is the place to come to. It sounds like you have something going on and like it or not, you have to buck up and deal with it, if not for yourself than for your boy. Cancer, a divorce (and along with that a lack of support) and now this recurrance. No wonder you feel overwhelmed! Well, as Lolly said, follow up diligently....bloated is not normal so ask for a GI consult. Finish your Herceptin; and come back here to keep us posted (and vent any time).
Love kim from CT