PDA

View Full Version : Phase I-II Study of Trastuzumab in Combination With RAD001 in Patients With HER-2...

RhondaH
06-09-2006, 01:05 PM
Overexpressing, PTEN-Deficient Metastatic Breast Cancer Progressing on Trastuzumab-Based Therapy

http://www.cancer.gov/search/ViewClinicalTrials.aspx?cdrid=484364&version=patient&protocolsearchid=2377126

Rhonda

dajawood
11-01-2007, 10:44 PM
Rhonda, don't know if you will read this as your posting is 6/06. Are you in this clinical trial?

Julie2
11-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Hi Dajawood,

Are you on this trial?(I saw it in another post, forgive me if you are not).
If you are, how long are you on this trial and how frequently you need to goto MD Andersen?

Thanks,
Julie

dajawood
11-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Hi Julie,

Yes I am on the trial of Herceptin with RAD001. I began six weeks ago and have one PET scan at three weeks. It "appeared" that the RAD001 was strangling my liver tumors. I go every three weeks. As a matter of fact I will be there next Monday and Tuesday for a battery of tests...CT scans, etc. If the cocktail is working, the doc will keep me on it indefinately. They have one patient that has been taking it for quite a while...forgot how long. I think it is open ~ 40 patients at MD Anderson in Houston. The only problem I have is face hasbroken out in red bumps...looks like the measles. The doc had me on Ritilan for energy but after I broke out, took me off. We're pretty sure that must have been the problem as I just started taking Rit and since I have been off for a couple of days, my face has improved. Funny, the head nurse over this clinical trial has your name.