PDA

View Full Version : from Dr. Webster

al from Canada
05-19-2006, 01:32 PM
FYI from Al

Hello from Dr. Devon!

I’m writing to let you know that I will be presenting the early results of HER2 peptide vaccine trial at the upcoming ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology) meeting in Atlanta, Georgia, June 2-6, 2006. My presentation will be in the form of a poster and short talk on June 6, 2006. I have also been awarded a Young Investigator Award and a Merit Award for this work, which will be presented at the meeting.

If you will be at the ASCO meeting, I would love to see you, so please stop by my poster! I am happy to send the results to you in abstract form as well, although I cannot send them until after the meeting is over due to embargo policies regarding early release of scientific information. As many of you are aware, this trial is a Phase I/II study of a HER2 peptide vaccine given in combination with Herceptin. The poster will cover the toxicity results from the first 18 patients on the study, including cardiac toxicity, as well as preliminary immune response data for the first 12 patients on the study.

In other exciting news, I have accepted an Assistant Professor position in breast oncology at Oregon Health and Sciences University, which I will begin after I finish my fellowship in June. I plan to continue my work on novel immune therapies for breast cancer once I get established there.

Thank you for your ongoing support of clinical research for breast cancer. Feel free to pass this email on to anyone who might be interested!

Sincerely,

Devon Webster M.D.

Senior Fellow, Tumor Vaccine Group, University of Washington

(and soon to be Assistant Professor, Breast Oncology, Oregon Health and Sciences University)

AlaskaAngel
05-19-2006, 02:00 PM
Thanks for sharing that with us, Al. You are such a resource for us all. I can't wait to see what ASCO brings this time, thanks for the heads up with this one.

A.A.

RhondaH
05-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Such exciting news to look forward to.

Rhonda