PDA

View Full Version : Latest from TriciaK

TriciaK
05-17-2006, 06:52 PM
This is the first I have been able to email for about a month. I mentioned that I might have to have a stent put in after we returned from our 3 week vacation, but the cardiologst called the morning before and said after reviewing all my tests he felt strongly we needed more aggressive surgery because my heart was running out of strength, kind of a wind up toy! My Ejection Fraction was below 30. He said he wouldn't tell us not to go on the trip but that it would be much wiser not to do so. SO I went into the heart hospital the next day. They did another angiogram, this time with internal ultra sound. THey wanted to do open heart surgery the following day but an internal bleeding developed so I had to stay in the hospital a few days to get that controlled. I had open heart triple bypass on May 8. It's been pretty rough, and I am not totally convinced at this point that living a few more years is worth what I've gone through. I couldn't keep food down and got really weak. I am beginning to feel a little hope now, though, and I think I see an inkling of the strength and determination that has carried me through 21 years fighting cancer plus all the heart problems. I will survive! As I said before my goal in all this has been to be able to travel to see my many children, grand and great children, at high altitudes where I haven't been able to breathe for 2 years. People who have gone through open heart bypass tell me it's worth it so I am living on faith right now! I have received a lot of strength and courage from all of you, and want you to know I love and appreciate you all! Hugs, TriciaK in Arizona

tousled1
05-17-2006, 06:58 PM
I know a few people who have had bypass surgery and as hard as it wasin the beginning they all say it was well worth it. Soon you will be feeling well enough to do all the travelling you want. Goiod luck to you. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Amy
05-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Tricia you are a trooper!!!! I send positive thoughts and energy your way and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and prayers,
Amy

Barbara H.
05-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Hi Tricia,
I am so impressed by your courage and your strength!! I is so good to have you back on the site and posting. Like so many others here you are a true inspiration and support. I hope you will continue to gain your strength and it won't be long before you can visit your children and grandchildren. They now have excellent cardiac excercise programs and I imagine you will be in some program to regain your strength. Thanks again for sharing.
Barbara H.

al from Canada
05-17-2006, 08:11 PM
Tricia,

You have been one of our main towers of strenght, as Linda and I both read you posts with admiration. This is not the time to become complacient! Do what you have to do to be there for your family. We all know it's not an easy battle but; you have your friends here praying for you and we mexpect results! I don't want to tell you what my "per diem" wages are but believe me, it is cheaper to get better!

Knowing that my family's prayers (and everone else here), are with you: lets keep fighting!

Love as always,
Al
PS I plan to go to Phoenix this fall and I will visit

cosmicdust
05-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Tricia - you are truely an inspiration. A poem from my onc office

Yesterday was history, Tomorrow will be a mystery,
Today is gift from God and why it is called 'the present'.

You are in my prayers...

Andi
05-18-2006, 10:20 AM
Hang in there Tricia! You give such strength and inspiration through your posts. I know several people that have had bypass surgery and are doing really well. You can do it! My prayers are with you.

Jean
05-18-2006, 12:47 PM
Dear Trica,
Sending all good wishes your way for a speedy recovery! I have always enjoyed your posts and you will never know or realize what an inspiration they have been to me and I am certain to many others. Please continue to heal and get strong, we need you here!

Blessings and Hugs,
Jean

saleboat
05-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Hi Tricia,

I hate to hear what you're enduring, but your bright disposition and can-do attitude shine right through, all the way from AZ to NYC. I always look for your posts, and you have been such an inspiration to me since I was first diagnosed. I'm glad your fighting spirit has kicked back in-- we need you here, and I'm sure your family agrees!!!

Good luck with your recovery, and thank you for posting your update. You're in my thoughts.

Jen

CLTann
05-18-2006, 01:56 PM
My best wishes for your full recovery from the operation. Take the time to strengthen yourself. We are all rooting for you.

Ann

MCS
05-19-2006, 08:54 PM
Tricia. I know that you are strong. You had surgery on the 8th and are typing here -wow I hope that you keep improving each day. It was good to hear from you.

I have another frind on dyalsis, waiting for a kideny also and had triple by pass. He's just as strong as you girl. It's doable.

XOXO

(maria)

DeborahNC
05-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Tricia,

You're truly an inspiration to us all! It boggles my mind to read what you've faced and overcome. It's encouraging to hear you're getting the inkling of strength. May it build and become stronger each day.

Tami
05-20-2006, 05:23 PM
Tricia - You Go Girl...I pray for your renewed strength and energy and see you traveling in no time. love tami

cherylynnie
05-22-2006, 07:48 AM
Trisha,

When I first came on this site you welcomed me and I much appreciated it.

I am sorry to hear what you have gone through, but all for the better. When we are in pain we wonder why did I do this to myself, but as the pain lessens it will be a thing of the past and will be forgotten. I know you can make it through, you have fought long and hard and will continue to do so.

Well wishes for a speedy recovery!