PDA

View Full Version : Clothing ideas for radiation after masectomy

cdbrown428
05-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Looking for ideas, websites and where to go for what to do if you are having radiation and advised you can't wear a bra and have had a masectomy on one side. I have a dear friend who will undergo radiation soon and has no idea what to do if she can't wear her bra with the prothesis and needs to go to work and such and cannot get away with wearing nothing. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I thought I had seen camisols that have inserts but I cannot remember where (my own chemo brain) Thanks for your help.

nancymarie
05-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Although not too fashionable, I bought very large sizes of those "scrubs" shirts and wore them the entire time I was on radiation because of that problem. No one commented on my wardrobe then and people who didn't know me probably just thought I was in the medical field.

-Nancy

LOPSIDED
05-10-2006, 08:28 PM
TRY TLCDIRECT.ORG. I WENT THRU THE SAME THING AND AS YOU CAN TELL FROM MY NAME I'M STILL LOPSIDED. MY ONE BREAST I HAVE IS SMALL SO I MAINLY WORE BIG SHIRTS. I ALSO LAYER MY CLOTHES SO NOT TO LOOK TOO LOPSIDED. GOOD LUCK

Bev
05-10-2006, 08:39 PM
I went braless and did the layered look. I was able to wear a bra for short periods if I felt like the occasion called for it. Just stretch out the bottom band so it's not rubbing on the skin. But yes there are camis @ TLC . BB

Lolly
05-11-2006, 09:12 AM
Regarding the TLC camisoles, you can also order very soft inserts for them that are filled with lambswool. My only problem with those was that they're so lightweight(which is why they're super comfortable when doing radiation) that they "ride up" a bit, so be sure and order the camisoles large enough that they can be tucked in to pants or skirt, and then layered over with a blouse or other larger coverup.

<3 Lolly

mts
05-11-2006, 11:16 AM
The following "seamless bra" is what I wore... the bottom seam is far below the breast area and the material is very soft. It offers a bit of support for the good breast and it has extra material in it if you want to place a prosthesis in there. ago).

http://www.hsn.com/cnt/dept/default.aspx?sf=in&dept=in0001&prev=hp!sf&cm_re=LN*Depart*Bras&CurPage=5
If the link does not click/work, just copy it into your address bar.

Maria