PDA

View Full Version : Rb

RhondaH
05-05-2006, 05:03 PM
Did you see this?

http://www.cancer.gov/search/ViewClinicalTrials.aspx?cdrid=430701&version=patient&protocolsearchid=2285510

Rhonda

R.B.
05-06-2006, 03:32 AM
NO, WOW and thanks.

I will email them.

I hope they are also looking at omega six intake.

I hope that they are using measurement of fats in fatty tissue, breast and gluteal to measure both intake and change in profile.

In addition fats in tissue profiling would ensure that the results could not be questioned on the usual reasonable arguments against recorded diet ( as people on paid trials particularly can and do cheat from what I hear).

Thank you very much for posting that.

RB

R.B.
05-07-2006, 07:13 AM
They are looking simply at the effect of supplementation on various factors.

I would ask if other dietary fat changes could be argued to obscure any findings.

I have emailed politley suggesting they might consider doing fat tissue biopsies at the outset and end, breast abdomen and gluteal which would give them some idea as to overall dietary fat intake change in the trial period, for both the treatment and placebo arms.

I also did not see what memebers of the omega three familly are being supplemented, linolenic, DHA, EPA....? which could have a big impact as somebody with very poor dietary habit may not have a very effective conversion factor of Linolenic to DHA and EPA.

Do get a copy of Smart Fats - M Schmidt or the update - it is an exellent book especially on the implication of fats and the brain.

Many thanks

R.B.
05-08-2006, 10:32 AM
They replied.

And sadly the trial apperas to have been closed for lack of "accruals" which I guess translates as interest.

RB