PDA

View Full Version : Cravings From Treatments

LOPSIDED
04-29-2006, 06:41 PM
ON THE LITE SIDE........WHEN I DID A/C ALL I WANTED TO EAT WAS PEANUT BUTTER CRACKERS AND WOULD YOU BELIEVE POTATO SALAD. TAXOTERE, ALL I WANTED WAS ICE TEA & BLUE BELL ICE CREAM. NOW I'M DOING RADIATION AND I CAN'T DRINK ENOUGH STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIES. WHEN I FINISH A TREATMENT I CELEBRATE WITH A STARBUCKS FRAPPUCCINO . YES, MY CRAVINGS HAVE ADDED A FEW POUNDS, AND OF COURSE I NEVER CRAVED ANYTHING HEALTHY. JUST WONDERING WHAT KIND OF CRAVINGS EVERYONE ELSE IS HAVING?

juanita
04-29-2006, 07:48 PM
mine was chocolate pudding during chemo.

Montana
04-29-2006, 07:52 PM
Coca Cola was the only thing that tasted good during chemo. During radiation, I'd stop and get a big coke on ice after each treatment. STILL hooked on Coke now ~ and it has to be REAL Coke, not diet. Very, very unhealthy LOL

R.B.
04-30-2006, 03:46 AM
Lopsided,

The things you crave seem high in fats. Is the ice cream dairy or vegetable oil fat based? Most vegetable oils are pretty high in omega sixes except flax if you have been following the omega three six debate..

Try a desert spoon of fish oil next time you get a craving if you are trying to avoid the "unhealthy" things. I would be interested to know if it worked.

When I cut out vegetable oils I got nut "munchies", cashews were no 1, for about a month, which subsided when I started taking flax seed, oily fish fish oil etc.

Maybe our bodies do still have an inate ability to "know" what they are lacking, and send us of trying to find it even if we do not know exactly what we are looking for. And why not? It would have been a useful trait for survival.

RB