PDA

View Full Version : Swelling In Feet

LOPSIDED
04-28-2006, 07:14 PM
I TOOK A LITTLE OVER 2 MONTHS OFF WORK WHILE I FINISHED MY CHEMO TREATMENTS (TAXOTERE) AND NOW I'M ALMOST FINISHED WITH RADIATION. THE FIRST DAY I WAS BACK AT WORK WHEN I GOT HOME MY FEET WERE REALLY SWELLED. I'M A BANK TELLER, SO I STAND OR I CAN SIT AT MY TELLER STATION. I DIDN'T THINK I WAS ON MY FEET THAT MUCH TO MAKE THEM SWELL. I'VE BEEN BACK AT WORK 2 WEEKS NOW, AND OFF AND ON MY FEET ARE SWELLING. DO YOU THINK ITS JUST BECAUSE I'M ON MY FEET MORE THAN I HAVE BEEN IN MONTHS. I'VE NEVER HEARD OF RADIATION CAUSING SWELLING IN THE FEET. I'M NOT WEARING HEELS. WHILE I WAS OFF WORK, I ONLY WORE TENNIS SHOES. MAYBE MY FEET ARE REVOLTING AGAINST DRESS SHOES.

sadie
04-28-2006, 08:02 PM
Are you taking Hercepin now?
Let your doctor know about the feet swelling.
It could be just that you are on your feet more now. Does the swelling go down when you put your feet up? That's a good sign that it's from standing.
My feet & ankles (and twice my legs) swell off & on ever since I started Herceptin. They did an echocardiogram to make sure it wasn't congestive heart failure. Test results were fine.
It's my guess that if you have been on Herceptin with the chemo and you haven't had swelling before this, that it's probably because you are on your feet more. I was also told that sitting too much can also cause swelling (which I do at work all day).
Good luck!
Sadie

Chelee
04-29-2006, 04:16 PM
I take a full cycle of herceptin, taxotere & carbpotin....followed by weekly herceptin. My feet, ankles and lower legs have been real swollen. Painful too! I was sent to a pulmonary doctor and he sent me to have a doppler done of both. They checked out ok...but BOY are they swollen and hurt. Edema city big time!

They even get red on top of my feet. He gave me lasix and potassium to get rid of the fluid...and it has helped...but I am concerned as I have been it almost a mouth now and the swelling has went down...but there is no doubt in my mind if I go off the lasix it it swell up the minute I stop. I am praying its not the herceptin since I am Stage IIIA and Her2/Neu 3+++. I need herceptin. Its about time for my second echo...hope it turns out ok. I do sit alot....especially since the chemo I have been much less active...hopefully thats all it is?

I would think for you Lopsided...its just the extreme change of being on your feet all the time. Your feet are in shock. If its two months afterwards...I really think its just being on your feet too much...they need time to get back into the swing of things. Hang in there...good luck. If in doubt...always run it by your doctor. :)

Chelee