PDA

View Full Version : Herceptin ?

therese davis
03-29-2006, 06:10 PM
Can anyone tell me precisely what Herceptin is made from?
Judging by its' cost, I'd say it is derived from magical Unicorn horns! Not to be silly or slight, but I read yesterday that a years dosage can cost $100,000.00 No wonder people go bankrupt from illnesses! My uncle would like to have his wife's breast cancer treated with this drug, but I don't think that they can afford it.

Sheila
03-29-2006, 09:08 PM
Therese
My Herceptin costs about 9000.00 every 3 weeks...if someone cannot afford it or their insurance wont cover it, they need to contact the drug maker, Genentech as they are willing to get it to patients who need it...there is a link on this board to contact them ...go to home and search from there, or Joe can give you the info...email Her2support.org

Hope this helps...this company was very generous when my daughter needed growth hormone that they made and our insurance would not pay for most of it...they supplied it for free!

Joe
03-29-2006, 09:32 PM
Here it be - Genentechs reimbursement program:

https://www.spoconline.com/spoconline/index.jsp

Regards
Joe

therese davis
03-30-2006, 09:13 AM
Thank you Sheila, I will look into it. I'm sure my uncle and aunt will be most grateful for any and all information I can attain also. They are elderly and do not have a computer for researching, so I'm doing the best I can, thousands of miles away . . . . .