PDA

View Full Version : Only in New York

Liz J.
03-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Hi all,
I know this is trivial, but I can't believe what someone pathetic person did today. I had recently received a magnetic sticker for the car from my onc. office. It was the pink ribbon that said "living with it.org". So last week I placed this on the back of the trunk and today went to the mall. When I came out, not only was the magnet gone, but it was replaced with an almost completely faded out support the troops magnet. I am not trying to advertise, just maybe give some other afflicted motorists some encouragement. I just can't believe someone would go that low. I have no problem with the support the troops one as I had them in the past and they either faded with the weather or got lost in the car wash. Could it be this person had no idea and just wanted a pink magnet? How sad. Again I know this is nothing in the scheme of things.

All my best,
Liz J.

sassy
03-27-2006, 08:54 PM
Lets just think that whoever took it felt like they or someone they knew needed breast cancer support and it is now doing someone else some good. You never know....

Sassy
________
Bubbler pipes (http://glassgallery.tumblr.com/bubblers/)

Barbara2
03-27-2006, 09:20 PM
Someone had given me a nice pink magnet which I kept on the passenger side of the car. It had "Survivor" written on it. I had also seen them in plain pink with no writing. I guess someone decided they needed it, because it disappeared.

I found the same magnets into a Super Walmart. There were 2 or three different kinds. I had to sort through them to find one that said "Survivor" on it; I think it was the last one. I'm glad to have it back on the car. I've seen people looking at it.

One day when I drove into the parking lot of my onc's office, a very pleasant lady stopped and asked me where I had gotten the magnet. She was a survivor; asked me how long I'd been out. She'd been out 6 years. Wished each other well, and off we went.

Barbara

juanita
03-28-2006, 06:25 AM
My daughter had her pink ribbon antenna topper stolen in her apartment parking lot. She replaced it and so far so good. She's not seen the other one on any other cars.

Sherryg683
03-28-2006, 11:29 AM
My best friend died of colon cancer 3 years ago, she had just turned 40. I went to an antique auction and found the most gorgeous iron cross that goes in the ground. It was really big and heavy and decorative. I put it at the head of her grave. Well, it stayed there exactly a year and then someone stole it. I think that's about as low as you can get...sherryg683

Liz J.
03-28-2006, 06:08 PM
Hi friends,

Thanks for the replies. I guess it is not only in New York and Sassy, you may be right, I hope it went for a good cause. But Sherry, I am so sorry about what happened with the cross. That is as low as one can get. Thanks for taking the time out to get back to me.

Thoughts and prayers are with all.

Hugs,

Liz J.