PDA

View Full Version : tumeric/greentea

Unregistered
03-26-2006, 11:04 AM
I know this has been discussed here before but...is there any contraindication in taking tumeric and/or green tea supplements when er/pr+?I was diagnosed 6/04,stage 2a,DCIS/ILC,micromets to 1st sentinel node.Tx 4ac/4taxotere and currently receiving weekly herceptin for her-2.Will complete first year in June and anxiously awaiting 2 year findings.Bilat. mastectomy (rt prophalactic)axl.node negative x 11 nodes.THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR INPUT,CANDY

Unregistered
03-26-2006, 12:36 PM
The question you are asking is impossible to answer with absolute certainty.

Foods are a complex of many chemicals. Some of them may have been looked at for benificial impacts for certain conditions.

I am afraid all you can do is read a lot and make judgement calls. A book called Dr Gaynor's Cancer Prevention Program is well laid out and informative. You could try searching using the search facility in the top RH corner.

In very general terms there have been a number of favourable reports on green tea and curcumin as supplements. Curcumin is reported to be amongst other things an anti-inflamatory.

If you are looking at diets check out the posts on balancing omega threes and sixes on this site. For me that has to be a corner stone of any dietary regeime. If you are intending to make magor changes it is always best to consult with your advisors.

RB