PDA

View Full Version : Strange question/Herceptin

Maggie
03-26-2006, 05:26 AM
I have had my ears peirced for many years and had the occasional infection in the beginning.

For a week, I've had both ear lobes infected. First one then the other, so now both. This has never happened to me before. I've been using peroxcide on my ears and soak the earings in it too. Their also dry and scally on the outside. The dry and scally part is what made me think something is strange here, hence herceptin.

Along with some of the strange things herceptin can do, do you think it could be coming from it? They just don't seem to be getting better. I'll have to call my family doctor tomorrow to get something to clear this up. I know he'll want to see me too.

Any thoughts are welcome.. Maggie

tousled1
03-26-2006, 06:11 AM
I am not on herceptin and my ears are also very dry and scaly -- no infection with my piercings. I'm taking decadron and taxatore.

Peggins
03-26-2006, 06:32 AM
Not really answering your question, but, prior to my dx my ears became infected easily. I had to pick between daytime or evening to wear earrings and dip them in basatracin before inserting. I also had to wear only hoops that were of high quality. That was for 35 years.

After treatment I can wear any style and any quality for as long as I want with no problem.

Go figure.

I hope you solve your problem. Have you tried earrings made with surgical steel? They used to be the easiest for me to wear.

Peggy

juanita
03-26-2006, 07:56 AM
I have my ears pierced three times on bottom and three in cartlidge at top. The top ones I had to take out because they kept getting infected and I got tired of messing with them. I can still put the earrings in, and do every once in awhile to keep the holes open, but don't leave them in too long so they don't get infected again. They'd never heard of anybody with that at the onc's office so I thought it was just me.