PDA

View Full Version : Writers Needed To Publish A Biogriphy

Christine
03-23-2006, 11:57 PM
Looking for an experienced talented writer, located in So. California. Anyone who fits this dicription or can recommend a successful canidate to write a non-fiction, please e-mail me at
Christineher2support.org

sassy
03-24-2006, 06:04 PM
How about it Val?
________
Web shows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Val Pfeiffer
03-24-2006, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Sassy!!! I emailed Christina to request more info about her project. I love to write, so maybe I will be able to do what she needs. However....I have just taken a new position--starting next week--and I may be fairly busy being the new kid on the block. I have managed the marketing and business development for a mid-size company for the last seven years, but after my cancer experience, I wanted to get back into the health care field (I had a 4-year career in health care eight years ago). I felt a strong passion to make a difference in the delivery of health care for the benefit of others, and I can't be a surgeon at this point...so I am now the Director of Product Development for Network Health Plan, a local managed-care company (and #16 in the nation according to the survey just released by US News :-). I will be responsible for watching the trends in managed care and bringing new services to our members. How cool is that???

So we'll see. I know some other writers, and after I know more, if I can't help, I may know others who can.

Val

Personal Website--
http://journals.aol.com/valleygirlvnp/BreastCancerUpdates/

P.S. One of these days I need to find a new picture of me with my real hair...this picture shows me wearing one of the eight wigs I wore during chemo!

Christine
03-25-2006, 03:48 PM
Hi Val
Please send me your phone # , so we could discuss the intended book further.I
I would be happy to call youat 6 apm or later according to your schedule . From your post youmay be able to help me; I'll explain better when we taik.
Hugs, Christine

sassy
03-25-2006, 08:46 PM
Christine,

I'm not a writer, but I have a degree in English and also taught if I can be of any help.

Sassy
________
DIGITAL VAPORIZER (http://vaporshop.com/)

TriciaK
03-27-2006, 03:06 PM
I might also be able to be of help, Christine, if all else fails. I have done a lot of writing, have taught writing on a college level for several years, and have worked for newspapers early in my long life. I have one book published , and a number of articles. I hope you are planning to write a book about your life and cancer experiences because I think it would be really a great story, including the miracle of this wonderful web site! What I would suggest to anyone wanting to write would be to write a rough draft first, putting in everything. It doesn't matter how the mechanics go, the spelling, sentences, etc. Just get all your own feelings and experiences down on paper. That can then be edited by a professional editor. I used to write in longhand on lined paper, since I started writing as a teenager in school, but I love writing on the computor because it goes so fast and is so easy to correct and change as you go along. Let me know if I can be of any help. You and Joe have done so much for all of us with this website that I know we are all willing to help you in any way we can! Hugs, Tricia

Christine
03-28-2006, 09:10 PM
I have come to realize that whomever I select to write my story would have to be near my area here in So California. I f I can get this done in a few weeks, we'll see how far I can get with an outline. It's hard to put everything in my heart transcribing it on paper. I;m going to give it a try. If I could have your tel# by private e-mail, I'll Call you to dicuss my intentions.
Warm hugs, Christine

RobinP
03-29-2006, 01:07 PM
TriciaK has some excellent writing suggestions. I plan to use Lulu after I publish my book. Perhaps they are worth checking out Christine. Lulu is an online POD-print on demand self publising company that will publish books, brochures, etc. as well as edit for a reasonable fee. Additionally, they take very little royalities, allowing you to have a nice profit margin on your sold product. Good luck Christine.

Christine
03-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Robin
Thanks for your suggestions. Once I get going on this book , I will certainly look into the possibility's that LULU can provide.
Hugs, Christine.

lucky4x
04-02-2006, 07:16 AM
I am too far from you, but I do know a male care-giver, supporter of a breast cancer survivor who is part of another breast cancer online group.

He lives in CA and he really has a brilliant way with words.

I have often hinted that he should become a writer.

If you are interested in a male writer... let me know and I will forward the info.

Lucky

Unregistered
04-02-2006, 01:19 PM
hi Christine--
I switched computers and can't get my sign-in to work, so it appears like I am unregistered...sorry about that...no time to figure it out right now!

Anyway...did you find someone with whom you can work on your book? I will be in touch with one of my writer friends this week, and I wanted to check in to see if you have any leads yet.

Please email me at vpfeiffer@gmail.com

thanks!
Val Pfeiffer

Christine
04-03-2006, 05:14 PM
Lucky
Does he have writing experience or any published materials?? Where does he live and what is his present occupation??

Having a gift for words is only a part of the skills needed to write a biography. You can forward my request hoping to find a successful candidate to write my inspirational journey through life leading me to my survival, after my Stage 4 diagnosis w/brain metastases. I am willing to phone anyone who leaves a tel.# by e-mail, if preferred.
This project isn't going to be easy for me or the writer.
Thanks
Christine@HER2 support.org