PDA

View Full Version : Healing through art...

madubois63
03-22-2006, 02:40 PM
Last year, when I was diagnosed with metastatic disease, I turned to the Internet for information, comfort, support and a cure. I haven't found a cure yet, but I did find more than I could have imagined. I found friendships that have been more meaningful/rewarding than some family relationships. Silly thing is I warned my kids about the evils of the Internet and yet didn't think twice about meeting some of the amazing ladies of the BC boards. One of my dearest friends is Stephanie. Not only has she beaten the beast, she has had severe anemia requiring several blood transfusions over a very short period of time and lymes disease. Steph turned to painting to heal her soul. Turns out she's really good at it. I just wanted to share her very special artwork with all of you. Each painting has a tiny pink ribbon hidden somewhere in the painting. I have watched Stephanie bloom over the last year and I am so proud of her!!!

http://www.stephaniekoslow.com/

Sheila
03-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Her art work is beautiful...thank you so much for sharing it and her with us....seems that beauty around us can help us forget our struggles.

Becky
03-22-2006, 06:30 PM
I agree with Sheila and I had fun looking for the pink ribbons. Some are easy but some are cleverly incorporated into the artwork.

Thanks for sharing these lovely paintings with us.

Becky

Sandy H
03-22-2006, 07:56 PM
Maryann, thanks for sharing. They are beautiful and seems I started oil painting last year I found these very interesting and enjoy them. hugs, Sandy