PDA

View Full Version : Decadron twice daily?

Chelee
03-19-2006, 05:40 PM
For all of you on Herceptin, Taxotere and Carbpotin...or other chemos. Are you all told to take the Decadron TWICE daily the day BEFORE chemo...the day of...and the day after? Or just me?

I hate this Decadron...makes me feel shaky and just plain awful. I had to take it today because I start chemo again tomorrow. I feel misrable now. :( Does everyone get stuck taking it?

madubois63
03-19-2006, 05:48 PM
when I did the three week dose, I took the decadron twice a day the day before, day of and day after. when I do the one week dose, I only get IV decadron with the chemo. I like the one week dose MUCH better!!! The three days of decadron is just HORRIBLE!!

Bev
03-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Hi, Run a search in this site on decadron. I know there was a thread not to long ago. I did the weekly iv with taxol. Felt cruddy day of and day after. Asked the infusion nurses about having to take it and they said everyone has to. Hang in there as you won't need to take it when doing herceptin only. BB

Chelee
03-19-2006, 10:49 PM
Thanks for your replies. I guess its the norm then. I did take two today since I start chemo tomorrow again. I feel awful as you all can relate. I have to be up early and I just hope I can sleep. Its bad enough we have to do chemo...but to have to add Decadron sure doesn't help any. But thanks again..appreciate it.

SherriT
03-19-2006, 11:36 PM
I start the 8 mg twice daily the day before, day of and day on Wednesday. Thanks for the update that it's not exactly a great thing....

So it will really interfere with sleeping?

tousled1
03-20-2006, 12:50 AM
I just started taxatore this past Wednesday and had to take the decadron 4mg 2 times the day before, 2 times the day of and once the day of. Didn't think I had any reaction to it. Had the taxatore Wednesday and then Friday afternoon it all hit. I've been sleeping off and on -- mostly on -- since then and every bone in my body hurts. It is now almost 3 o'clock Monday morning and I am finally feeling half human.