PDA

View Full Version : Eye Twitching

Sherryg683
03-18-2006, 12:31 PM
I've had some slight twitching in my left eye this week after I had my 4th Taxotere. I just had a brain scan done 2 weeks ago and it was clear, so I can't believe it's that. Has anyone had this experience. It's not a constant twitch, just every now and then but enough to bother me..sherryg683

madubois63
03-18-2006, 01:07 PM
Yes, it's the Taxotere. No worry though. It goes away after your off the Taxotere. My eyes twitch like mad for a few days after getting the chemo. Drives me insane.

lia
03-18-2006, 02:44 PM
my eye started twitching whilst on taxotere and still does now ,occasionally ,5 months later ! glad to hear i m not the only one ! I wasnt sure if it was something sinister ,herceptin , zoladex, arimidex , left over taxotere ,or .... just a twitch !!

Chelee
03-18-2006, 03:43 PM
Ha...I thought it was just me. I have had my left eye also twitching. Drives me nuts. I rub it and try to get it to stop. Now that I had my long stay in the hospital and the Taxotere is out of my body....I haven't had the twitch at all. But I start again on the taxotere this Monday so I will let you know. But I am sure it is the taxotere.

Barbara2
03-18-2006, 05:13 PM
My eyes have done that off and on for many years, so when it comes, I don't get excited. It can twitch off and on for a week or so, then go away for many months. The last couple of days my cheek has been twitching. Who knows why, but I think it's harmless.

Barbara

Sandy H
03-18-2006, 06:21 PM
I have had it off and on and I am not on Taxatere. I thought it was the Herceptin but its not all the time and I am on weekly Herceptin. hugs, Sandy

janet/FL
03-18-2006, 07:23 PM
I had eye twitching quite frequently while on Taxotere. I had all the other problems too, shingles, legs and hand feelling like frost bite. Sty in eye that is still there. Teeth problems. Now just on Herceptin, most of the problems are gong away. Haven't had an eye twicth in a long while. Glad to read that it wasn't unusal.
Janet/FL

DeborahNC
03-19-2006, 09:37 AM
Guess I'm not crazy after all! My eyelids twitch, arm and leg muscles twitch. Have been off Taxol for two months and feel it is the Herceptin in my case.

Bev
03-19-2006, 09:24 PM
Wierd... just my left eye twitched constantly for a few weeks after taxol was completed, but I have had an occasional twitch before. Janet about the teeth? I had my gums recede in one spot during taxol. Needed a graft. The docs are saying they don't think it's chemo related, but I have never seen such a rapid deterioration in my mouth before. BB

Unregistered
03-20-2006, 03:49 AM
Dental issues are a common listed side effect of chemos.

Incidently and interestingly omega three intake is reported to help with general gum disease - and it links in more general terms to heart health etc. More communality with inflamatory conditions etc.

Sorry to hear about your plight dental issues on top of everything else cannot be fun.

RB

cherylynnie
03-20-2006, 12:25 PM
I just finished my forth cycle of Taxotere and my eyes have been twitching for the past week. I didn't really think anything of it. So it sounds like it is the taxotere.

XmasCarol
03-21-2006, 03:54 PM
My eye twitch increased towards the end of my Herceptin. I finished with Herceptin at the begining of February and my eye twitching is now gone.

StephN
04-04-2006, 01:56 PM
Hi -
I did not reply to this thread earlier, but am still bothered by the twitching/fluttering. I have been off chemos for almost 4 years now, but have the 3-weekly Herceptin.

I usually have this problem with my eye at night or wake up in the middle of the night with the twitching/fluttering in the inner corner of my right eye. If I lay a finger on that spot it will stop.

Like some of you said, it comes and goes. Not a painful thing or bother in any other way - just STRANGE!

whatz
12-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Well, I'm another "eye twitcher". Just got off the phone with my onc nurse before I found this conversation here. She echoes the same thoughts already voiced here. I just finished Taxol three weeks ago and am on Herceptin only now. She attributes "the twitch" to Taxol and expects it to go away in the next couple of weeks or to call her back if it doesn't. (next onc visit not until 3months from now).

WolverineFan
12-11-2009, 04:59 PM
I had twitching in my left eye as well. It drove me absolutely crazy. I wasn't sure what drug was causing it, but I've been off of Carboplatin and Taxotere for nearly 2 months now, and the last time I had problems with the twitching was about 3 weeks ago. Based on the responses here, I bet it was the Taxotere.

vlcarr
12-12-2009, 10:42 AM
I just noticed this same thing over the past month. My was in the right eye now it's switched to the left. Like you all it comes and goes. My 4th chemo is this Wednesday.

Cal-Gal
12-13-2009, 10:45 PM
I did have this and was also on taxotere--however, I was low in calcium and magnesium blood counts--and once I got those up--the twitching stopped--might be something to check out also---

Rich66
12-13-2009, 11:34 PM
I have that too. Seriously. I guess you can get it just from reading about chemo.

Midwest Alice
12-14-2009, 05:00 AM
Rich, lol

I have the eye twitching now and then.

Meredith
01-07-2010, 10:55 AM
OMG! Im in the middle of my 5th TCH cycle and my eyes are twiching like mad. Upper and Lower lids both eyes just firing off at random. I read all the threads, but didnt see a one regarding how to make it stop! Any ideas?

WolverineFan
01-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Unfortunately, mine didn't stop until about 8 weeks AFTER my last chemo treatment. It drove me CRAZY!!! Good luck!

Unregistered
11-11-2010, 10:44 AM
I live in Australia, and I asked the onc doctor today about eye twitching they were twitching like crazy for a week or so then it stopped just had 3rd chemo again today so will watch out for it, I asked them to check magnesium counts because if you are low it can make your eyes twitch my onc dr was going to check the magnesium count but she didn't get back to me today!! I asked her about aching feet too anybody else have that around day 14 15 for atleast 3 days

Karen
Melbourne Victoria Australia

greenacres
11-16-2010, 07:11 AM
ABSOLUTELY I had major eye twitching starting at about my 3rd chemo treatment ) (taxoetere and carboplatin). It drove me absoltuely crazy! It did not stop until I was done with chemo and started radiation. GOOD LUCK - just make sure to get lots of rest so they don't twitch "so much". Unfortunately, there is no way to make it stop. Sandra

Joanna J
11-16-2010, 07:30 AM
Yes,I also experienced this,(thought it was the Herceptin) but it eventually subsisided.

Ellie F
11-16-2010, 10:21 AM
I had this too, eventually it just stopped of its own accord.

Ellie

3twins
11-16-2010, 10:25 PM
Another left eye twitcher here. I finished 3 rounds of taxotere almost 4 weeks ago and still have the twitch. It's not constant, but it is daily.

JaneO
12-04-2010, 07:45 PM
I had it too. More rest helped quite a bit.