PDA

View Full Version : How much does grade enter into treatment plan?

mom22girlz
03-13-2006, 09:00 AM
I am stage 1, but high grade 3. Also Her +++ Am scared to get chemo, but even more scared not to......Will see the oncologist today to see what he says, but I don't know what to say to be more proactive. Do you say, I'm afraid not to get chemo? I've read a lot about the new test to see if chemo will be effective, but wonder how long it takes to get the results. I am tired of waiting. I called to get a cancellation and so I am going in one day earlier than expected. not much, but something. Now it is a blizzard outside and all roads in our county are closed!! my appt is later in the day today, but the doctor is coming from 60 miles away. So I am even more on edge. I have a call into his office to see if the appts. will stand. nervous!! susan

Liz J.
03-13-2006, 10:14 AM
Hi mom22girlz, Bring a pen and pad and ask any and all questions you have about your concerns. Believe it or not I was more nervous about starting Herceptin than chemo. Even though I wanted the Herceptin. Strange as this may sound, I thought I would want to celebrate my last chemo but instead had a very weird feeling. I actually cried. Felt like my safety net was gone. The onc. nurse told me that was very normal. I was also dx grade 2/3 HER2 ++ and ER+ & PR+.Take a deep breath. I will say a prayer for you. Pleae let me know how you make out. I was dx 4/05, had a modified mastectomy, 6 rounds of CAF chemo, then started Herceptin in Jan. I get that every 3 weeks. Talk to you soon. Hugs, Liz J.

juanita
03-13-2006, 04:43 PM
Hope you got to see your doctor as planned. Ask as many questions as you want, that's what you're paying them for. If you have any problems with chemo speak up, and keep speaking up till they change whatever you need done. You'll probably be fine. I was diagnosed 9-04 with stage 1, grade 3, her 2 + as well. So there is light at the end of the tunnel. I should finish herceptin in June. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

julierene
03-13-2006, 08:29 PM
Age is a big one, and family history if you have any, play a big role in chemo. I was practically stage 1 and had a recurrance even after aggressive chemo. I would push strong for herceptin if you had an invasive component, extensive intraductal dcis, or things along that nature that suggest that it's aggressive enough to have moved through the bloodstream. but each persons situation is different. you can utilize many 800 numbers like the american cancer society and those types. they give good info.

Unregistered
03-16-2006, 07:22 AM
Are you er,pr + or -? If negative, I would go for some type of chemo as negative is more aggressve sub type of bc, forming blood vessels easier for potential metastates,