PDA

View Full Version : Her2/Neu 3 +++, Er & Pr positive?

Chelee
03-10-2006, 05:41 PM
I am Her2/Neu 3 +++, Er & Pr positive. My chemo is herceptin, taxotere, and carbpotin. Question I have is....shouldn't I be on hormonal therapy too due to my er & pr status being positive? I am not sure if I am suppose to be or not?

Does anyone know...or its different for everyone?

Chelee

sassy
03-10-2006, 06:03 PM
I did not start hormonal treatment until after complete of chemo and radiation, while continuing herceptin. I am triple positive, completed a/c, taxol/herceptin, 33rads, continuing on herceptin and taking arimidex, an aromatase inhibitor.

Sassy
________
SimplyTSHorny live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/SimplyTSHorny)

Becky
03-10-2006, 06:14 PM
I am double positive (Her2 and ER but PR negative). Like Sassy, I started on Arimidex after chemo and rads were over (continuing with Herceptin).

Oncs don't like to give the hormonal during the very active treatments of chemo or rads because the hormonal can slow the rate of growth of the cancer and thats what chemo and rads kill best (fast growing cells).

Best regards

Becky

Liz J.
03-10-2006, 06:19 PM
Hi Chelee, I am HER2 ++ ER was 90% and PR 10%. I was put on Arimidex after I finished the chemo.

All the best.

Liz J.

madubois63
03-10-2006, 07:01 PM
hmmm, I seem to be the only one on a hormonal while on active chemo....don't know why. I will have to ask on Monday...As IBC is soooooo agressive, I never questioned it. Just thought we were going with all the ammo possible. Seems to be working FOR ME so far...

Chelee
03-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Thanks to all for your replies. So you are all getting, or have gotten hormonal AFTER the chemo and rads. Except for madubois. Good to hear because I was thinking maybe my doctor forgot and got side tracked and didn't put me on it when he should of.

But after reading Beckys post...makes sense why they do it that way. I love this board...you can learn so much here. Thanks again to all who replied. :)

Jean
03-10-2006, 07:54 PM
I was dx 3/29/05 had lumpectomey 4/15/06 - 6MM tumor node neg.

Stage 1, Her2/nu postive - 3+++ estrogen postive pr-negative.
Had 26 x rad plus 6 boosters. I am on Arimidex. After reading the
posts I am going to call my rad. Doc and ask him about taking Arimidex
during the rad treatments. Both rad. dr. and onc told me to start the
Arimidex while having rad. treatments. I am now seeing a new onc
and will check this out with him also. I am now concerned that by taking the Arimidex that I weaken the killing process of those aggressive cancer cells.
I had comedo type grade 1 - tumor. Is there anyone else who just had rad.
and took Arimidex? (besides Nicola).....

Jean

AlaskaAngel
03-10-2006, 08:14 PM
HER2+++, ER 50%, PR 95%, grade 3 in 2002, currently NED

Chemo, then rads, then tamoxifen, and eventually Arimidex.

Hormonals are used with chemo sometimes with mets.

A.A.

Andi
03-10-2006, 08:30 PM
I did dose dense A/C followed by 12 weekly Taxol + Herceptin, then started my tamoxifin as soon as I finished chemo but before my 6 weeks radiation.

Jean
03-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Andi,

Did you take the Arimidex during the radiation?

Thanks,
Jean

Bev
03-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Chemo first, Doing rads and herceptin now, will start tamoxifen after. BB

jsattaw
03-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Since I was pre-menapausal, I opted for a complete hysterectomy & oopherectomy following chemo so that I could go on an aromatase inhibitor -- Arimedex. I started the Arimedex shortly after the surgery.

Jill

Andi
03-11-2006, 08:51 AM
Jean - Since I was considered premenopausal at my dx, I was put on tamoxifen prior to my radiation.