PDA

View Full Version : I was worried for the wrong reason

Lyn
03-08-2006, 07:30 AM
I phoned my onc this morning I have been unsteady on my feet, a bit like finding sea legs and all I wanted to do was sleep, I was very pale, I figured that the tumour pressing on my spine must have been getting bigger and I was going to end up in a wheel chair, turns out I was dehydrated and my blood pressure was real real low. Well I spent the entire day at the hospital with my very hubby and left sucking on an electrolyte ice block. I was so worried I re started my steroid this morning because I feared a oedema may have come about after my fall after the MRI, it did loosen my neck up so it is possible I may have been right. The best thing was that the ER was in touch with my onc at all times, and I think what triggered the diagnosis was that he himself was hospitalised for dehydration not so long back and it was still fresh in his memories, so I got to go home with orders to rest up, I took that opportunity to go to our local Sizzler Bar before I start chemo on Tuesday. Then on turn on here and learn that Dana Reeves past away. it blew me away, such a wonderful women and cut down so young, it really makes me appreciate what life I have had given back to me since 98.

Love & Hugs Lyn

Alice
03-08-2006, 09:07 AM
It always makes me feel good when someone has good news.Glad you didn't have to stay in the hospital!

Alice

Lolly
03-08-2006, 09:12 AM
Lyn, I'm so relieved your symptoms weren't what you thought, glad you're home restin' easy. Yes, the news of Dana Reeves was sad, and shocking as the last I had heard she was doing well with her treatment. It is a reminder to take each day as a blessing.

<3 Lolly

Sheila
03-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Lyn
You make us all appreciate life after the ordeals you have been through...and you just keep on goin, like the energizer bunny.....what an inspiration you are to me!!!

Lyn
03-09-2006, 02:53 AM
Oh thanks guys, you always make me feel special. I am rambling on here I know I always get good listeners here, I don't have the inclination to let cancer stop my world at the moment, they say if you want something done give it to a busy person, Our ER is reopenning on 17th April, for 24 hour service, not that it was of much good to me this week I ended up in the best place (had to mention there is a BC good point at the end of my rambling I just forgot to put it in earlier and you will all have to read on) today I had to be in Court with my Eldest Son, just when Boris told me to go home and take it easy or stay in hospital, I went through the front door last night answering my mobile, it seems my son's fiancee decided to empty their house while he was at work and on the eve before his hearing in court, she was hoping to spark a violent streak, he is too much like his mum, he was just devastated that she could do it, he had the opportunity to do the same while he was living with a mutual friend, the mutual friend ended up being too mutual the ex fiancee was his target but he was living an illusion, and he didn't because he said she wouldn't do it to him, well wrong, at least he gets to keep the house for now, he broke down in court as well, he had a lady magistrate, the ex must have known, or there would have been no need to move everything out, she didn't even leave the basics, not a pan to cook with. I looked straight through her in the court, she had piles of paper work, and my son didn't argue he just said as long as he can stay in the house because she already has free accommodation for the next 9 months he will follow any other court orders, he is worse off today then he was 10 years back, she even sold his car when they were together so she could get the sporty one she was willing to sell her sole for, and I have to admit I didn't look very well today either, I didn't get much sleep, then I had to be home to pick my Daughter Casey up from school early for an Xray on her wisdom teeth at 2.30pm so she can have her early morning appointment at the dentist tomorrow, and get her to work on time at 4.00pm today, and still more dentists my hubby Ron had to be at another dentist at 2.00 he had cracked a tooth, so he was on his own, I had my other son at the beginning of the week getting a Wisdom tooth taken out in the chair, this has got to be the end of dentists surely. I must admit I did over do it today, I stepped out of the car when I picked up the X-Ray results up at 5.00pm still on the go, and my legs just went from under me and I fell out of the car, no one saw me and I didn't hurt myself, I just felt real dumb, I had to wait for a while, last time I did that I was in a 4WD with my son and when I reached to close the door, I missed and started to fall, luckily he managed to grab my belt and pull me back in, good thing he is 6ft 2", so my hubby says no driving for a while, I don't mind one bit, busy week next week, Rads Onc again Monday for a decision, Chemo Tuesday, Echo Friday, all different hospitals and I still have time to fill in Wednesday and Thursday, it will happen I just know it but I will be on here, you can bet on it, hopefully I will get a new scan. But I must admit I had a chuckle to my self this after noon, the ex fiancee went off the cyclone rickter scale when she could not find her 2 x U2 tickets, well they were for my son as well as her, anyway he gave them back via a friend, she was living in the house at the time, she threatended to smash his fish tank and his car collection if he didn't return them, that would have been a nice mess for her to clean up, something she wasn't apparently very good at, then to have the announcement made today that the concerts have been cancelled due to a serious illness in the family, this kind of stress isn't good for ones health, we all know that, I did tell my son he had hit rock bottom this morning and things would look brighter and in 12 months he would wonder how she managed to upset him so much, he also got a good laugh out of the tickets, his life long friends were the other couple going with them, and now he is going back to work tomorrow, I didn't think he would be able to but I managed to get a health worker to speak to him last night before he came home here, there was no way he could have driven then, he went and saw them when she made him leave in the first place, but she had made her mind up, she wanted everything but him. I was balling he was balling, I rang his boss I was balling again, no one likes to see their kids hurting, I was so relieved that I was home here for him, he is 35 but still confides in his mum first, I told him the best way to get over it is get back on the horse so he has excepted a movie invitation from a female friend to see a funny flick, and this lady hasn't hidden the fact that she has always had a huge crush on him, and she is a few weeks out of a relationship herself, just friends for now he feels, I told him that it was all happening at this time, probably fate, so we will see, but we all need a friend from time to time so at least his self esteem won't get too crushed. Well I have rattled on and I just wanted to let you know that in someways my life is normal, I just wish it was a bit more like the Happy Days Saga with Marion & Howard Cunningham, a nice thought for a change. And so long as I am needed on this planet I will do what I have to do to look after my family. Oh forgot to mention! I feel my Eostrogen Blocker, Aromasin has kicked in, the lumps under my right arm pit seem to be flattening out and disappearing otherwise I must be rubbing them away, and my neck isn't as tight and I don't seem to be in pain as much as I was, but I can't go off the OxyContin 20mg cold turkey like I did once before so I will try the weaning off gradually tonight. I did have success with Aromasin once before.

Love & Hugs to You All