PDA

View Full Version : Lapatinib-we need your help.

dvd3434
12-18-2005, 05:47 AM
Hello,

I'm from Israel and my aunt is very ill and could be dieing soon from cancer.

A new research, shows that some patients in her condition recovered by using

the drug called LAPATINIB.

The health department here claims that this researc is not enouugh and refuse

to help us getting this drug.

Where can u help us?

We are ready to buy, get the drug from anyone, like people that have some

LAPATINIB left, or people taht their beloved ones died and have the drug in

their home.

As said earlier, we are ready to pay, or to give money for charity in any

subject in order to get this drug, so if u can please help us, by giving the

drug or helping us find where we can get it.

Thanks in advance,

David

Email: Davidih@012.net.il
itzhakh@post.tau.ac.il

MSNGR: dvd3434@hotmail.com

egrabski
01-18-2006, 11:07 AM
Hello I'm sorry to hear that... I'm in a similiar situation.
First of all the only way of getting Lapatinib is to get on the trial ( And it does not matter what country you're in ).
I'm from Poland originally and we're in Canada and my doctor being
the educated person that he is hearing that in Poland they are
testing Lapatinib he said since its in Poland its probably some
wicked juice from the jungle. Anyways...
We called Glaxo Smith Kline and we had a long talk about obtaining lapatinib outside of clinical trial since my mom's liver function is really bad and she does not qualify. They told
us basically that its too early to put Lapatinib out on a compassionate basis which they would is they had more positive trial results or more data about Lapatinib. So to make a long story short for now they only way to give it a try is to get on a trial. The clinicaltrials.gov site lists
all countries including Israel so you can give it a try or call GSK and find out if there is any trials near by.
PS:
they also told me since my mom's liver is pretty bad that it could make her only sicker and the drug might not be metabolised properly to even become active. Other doctors including the ones in Poland said that the liver functions could be 5 times higher than the norm in their opinion , but unfortunately there is not enough data to tell for sure.

ElaineM
06-11-2006, 02:26 PM
Try reading the spring 2006 issue of Cure Magazine(http://www.curetoday.com)There is a major article about Her 2 breast cancer which discusses Lapatnib (Tykerb) and other promising drugs for Her 2 breast cancer. Try this link too !! http://us.gsk.com/ControllerServlet?appId=4&pageId=402&newsid=908
Good luck !!

heblaj01
06-11-2006, 03:32 PM
David,

Has Herceptin already been used? If not it will be easier to obtain since it is an approved drug. Also it may be more suitable initially than Lapatinib for advanced liver cancer since it is given intravenously instead of orally for Lapatinib.
Many members of the forum have had fast success in reducing liver metastases with Herceptin.
Concerning compassionate access to Lapatinib see the info supplied by Joe (or contact him) on this web site:
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24042