PDA

View Full Version : Northern Ohio Oncologist

Ginger
02-07-2005, 03:40 AM
Can anyone recommend an oncologist in the Ohio (prefer Northern Ohio-Cleveland) area who may prescribe Herceptin for early stage HER2 or one who is pretty attentive or pro-active? I would like to switch to a new oncologist. Thanks all.

Cindi
02-07-2005, 07:06 AM
Ginger,

The Onc. that I used in 2002 was Dr. G. Thomas Budd. He was terrific. Very attentive. I always brought in loads of info. that I had read about and needed to ask him opinion...never a problem. I don't know if he would give Herceptin off label, but he might. I rec'd 1 year of Herceptin after my diagnosis of Stage 2A, 1 node pos and HER+++ through a clinical trial.

The phone number for Cleveland Clinic is 1-800-223-2273, ext. 46833. You could explain that you are looking for a second opinion.

God Bless

Cindi

02-08-2005, 06:59 AM
Thanks Cindi. My onc. is already at the CC. Appt in March - I may try going in there with printed documentation so to speak. But last time I really asked about getting blood tests or anything else done he said if you want that done you can go elsewhere. However, maybe I can ask for a different Dr. or the one you mentioned may have gone into private practice - I will check. Thank you so much for answering. Everything helps. I think cuz I had neg nodes they put me into the lower risk category but my tumor was 2.7 cm and I have felt things in my breastbone, ribs, on and off and back all the time that have me concerned. Plus I would just like one thing done anyway. Will prob switch to Arimidex soon - he did mention that last time in DEC.

May God Bless you also.
Ginger