PDA

View Full Version : How' this for ripped off

Lyn
02-04-2005, 09:36 PM
My onc and his unit were bequeathed $200,000 by one patient and $100,000 by another because they were well looked after by them. Seems that because a trust wasn't set up at the time of the donation, or a Cancer Society formed yet the money was awarded to the large Brisbane Hospital and no guarantee it will be spent on Cancer. So it looks like no one really can be sure that your wishes are carried out. My Onc spoke out to the newspapers because this really made him mad, he has to rely on funds from drug company trials to buy things like stable tables and individual lights, absolutely rediculous when one of our politicians had a toilt brush costing $1000 in his ensuite off his office, I would dearly love to inject them with cancer cells and then see where the money goes. This has really rocked my onc because he rarely speaks out.

Love & Hugs Lyn

Lolly
02-04-2005, 10:55 PM
Boy, that really frosts my donut! I really wish we could all go over there and really raise a ruckus in front of the Brisbane Hospital!!!

*_Christine_*
02-05-2005, 09:21 AM
Lyn
I guess the Australian gov seems to have the last word. Here the last word is LAWSUIT. Hope this brings a smile to your face.

Hugs, Christine

Sandy H.
02-05-2005, 03:04 PM
This is an example of why I do some of the things I do now! I have friends that wonder why I spend money the way I do but why should I take the chance of leaving it for others to use the way they want. I am not wasteful but if I see someone who I can help I do. If I need to use my money to stay alive and be comfortable I am going to do that. Maybe, its called being selfish but I worked as long as I could and I want to enjoy it. I have friends that will go without because they want to leave money for others. In this country like Christine says its lawsuits and the attornies can easily get it all. Enough said from me. Hugs, Sandy

*_anne_*
02-05-2005, 04:16 PM
How disgusting! But sounds typical of the kinds of things going on out there. People beware of October "Breast Cancer Awarness Month" merchandise. I read that sometimes only 5-10% of profits go to the actual cause. Everyone wants to increase their sales by looking like a charitable cause. Spend you donation money wisely.