PDA

View Full Version : Lisa's scan results

Lisa
02-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Got my brain MRI and PET scan results today. For the first time in a long time, you could hear me HOORAY!!. The brain showed nothing (at least nothing bad), and the PET showed the lymph nodes looking great. There was still a small uptake on the liver (always has been) and a POSSIBLE new liver spot. We'll recheck in 6 weeks. Also a possible spot on my throat. I've had an on again/off again sore throat for about three weeks on that side along with the same kind of ear ache. But my onc says it could well be an infection showing up. For now, I'll continue weekly Taxol, tri-weekly Herceptin and Zometa every 4 weeks.

I am so relieved, and know that Mary is grinning down with me.

Love and light here and above,

Lisa

tennischik
02-03-2005, 05:22 PM
So happy for you. It is so good to know that we have another few months of peace before the next one. It is a great feeling. I have a couple of undetermined things in my brain , but they haven't grown so we don't know if they are anything or not. But the tumor that was zapped is gone. You are an inspiration to the rest of us.
Mickey

*_madubois63_*
02-03-2005, 05:46 PM
Lisa - great news! When my brain MRI came back clean, I told everyone it was now official that I have nothing in my brain! Welcome to the empty head club!!!! Keep up the good work! I hope the Angels hear my prays for you and everything else just disappears! Maryann

Rozebud
02-03-2005, 05:57 PM
Great news Lisa!

pauline
02-03-2005, 06:24 PM
Ripper! Onya!! You bewdy!! Grouse!!

(That's Aussie for fantastic!)

Well done Lisa! Onward and upward!!

Cheers
Pauline

al from canada
02-03-2005, 06:26 PM
Congradulations Lisa,
There is nothing nicer than to hear that "can't see a thing"! Someone is watching over you! Shall we call it the "Mary Effect"?
I hope you are having a party!
Al

eric
02-03-2005, 08:11 PM
That's GREAT NEWS! You certainly deserve it. I'm so happy for you.

Eric

Kristen
02-03-2005, 09:22 PM
Lisa,
Great to hear. All the love and ligh right back at ya. K

Lolly
02-03-2005, 09:25 PM
Oh Lisa, that's great!!! This has got to be the cheer heard round the world, YEAH!
Love, Lolly

StephN
02-04-2005, 12:32 AM
FANTASTIC!
Did my heart a lot of good to read this news!
Looks like the old fighting spirit that we all know and love in you is very much alive and well.

It will be a beautiful spring.
I had a lady bug in my house today - the Chinese say this brings good luck.

Cindi
02-04-2005, 06:21 AM
Lisa,

Just checked in this morning as I got to work and to read your GREAT news was a terrific thing. I am sure that Mary was smiling as you got your good news. Keep up the good fight. You're winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless,

Cindi.

lolam
02-04-2005, 09:54 AM
Thanks for giving us the opportunity to do the Snoopy Dance all over our living rooms. We rejoice with you!! Joy does come in the morning. Tears don't last forever..... We will never forget Mary. She set the example.. We pray that you will continue to respond to all you do to fight the fight. God bless, Lola

Hope
02-04-2005, 03:49 PM
Happy to share in your good news! God is Great!

michelemd
02-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Lisa:

Great News!!!

God bless you!!! You are always so cheerful!!

Michele in MD

Ruth
02-04-2005, 08:14 PM
Congratulations Lisa - I am really happy for you. I often read the posts and am always hoping for some good news to read.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Ruth

Celina
02-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Lisa,
Music to my ears!!!
By the way, I know that both you and Janelle have completed WBR most recently. What kinds of symtpoms did you experience, other than fatique? and how severe was your fatique?
Wishing you continued success with your recovery.
BTW, my eight year old daughter just informed me tonight, that she found a "wish chip" and made a wish that there would be no more breast cancer!...I think it's a done deal!!!

Lisa
02-05-2005, 06:14 PM
Celina,

Depression and fatigue were my primary side effects. And, of course, the hair loss, which I don't even think about since I'm so baby bald. Some women's hair grows back thin, others not at all.

Love and light,

Lisa