PDA

View Full Version : Yoga For Breast Cancer Survivors in NYC

YogaGirl
02-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Hi all...it's Lauren here, popping in to tell you all about a class I am giving in New York City for Breast Cancer Survivors. It's called "Yoga For Breast Cancer Survivors: Compassion and Strength". It is intended for ALL levels of fitness, all ages, all weights, all stages of diagnosis, disease and remission. I am NOT GETTING PAID TO TEACH, so this is not a solicitation. I am doing this because I want to give back. Yoga has given me so much as a breast cancer survivor (going on three years, her2neu positive, stage 2B, age 36 at diagnosis), and I want to spread the gospel.....

Class is at Yoga Sutra NYC, a gorgeous and peaceful and clean yoga studio in midtown Manhattan, located at 501 Fifth Avenue, Second Floor. The first six week session begins in March, Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m. and another one at 12:30 a.m. This class is supported by the Susan G. Komen organization, the Avon Breast Cancer Research Fund, Columbia, NYU, Gilda's Club and the Young Survival Coalition.

Please check out Yoga Sutra's site at www.yogasutranyc.com and my website at www.downtownuptownyoga.com for more info. You can also email me at lscnyc425@hotmail.com.

I hope to see some of you there. I know it will do everyone some good....

Lauren

Lolly
02-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Lauren, how great to "see" you again! The class sounds wonderful, but unfortunately it'd be a loooooong commute from the west coast, but I just wanted to say good for you!!!!!

Love, Lolly