PDA

View Full Version : Good news for Maryann

madubois63
01-31-2005, 10:17 PM
I got my PET and Muga reports back today. My heart is doing great and the lung and node mets are GONE, GONE, GONE!!! So the only thing left is the lesion on the liver that is now half the original size. I am so excited, I just had to share.

StephN
01-31-2005, 11:19 PM
OH BOY!
Having had those kind of reports myself for my raging liver mets being stopped in their tracks - I can sure relate to the uptempo of your post!

You still feel tired and a little lousy from the treatment, but you get a nice lift to the psyche - like some clouds parting and you can start to feel the sun.

The news will only get better from here on in. You are over the BIG hump.

madubois63
02-01-2005, 01:07 AM
Steph - Thank you - coming from you it means a lot. You are a leader among this board and this disease. Your continued courage, support and advice continues to amaze me.

Kim in DC
02-01-2005, 01:22 AM
That's great news. As soon as that liver met is gone, see if you can get into one of those vaccine trials

Kim

wlward
02-01-2005, 02:06 AM
I love reading these posts.Thank so much for sharing your good news - really happy for you.
love
lindaw

Cindi
02-01-2005, 09:02 AM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic news!!!! I am so glad that the chemo is working. Soon you will be completely NED and can celebrate EVEN more. But, you do that "HAPPY DANCE" right now that's for sure.

God Bless !
Cindi.

Lyn
02-01-2005, 06:10 PM
Hi Maryann, I am soooooo! pleased to hear your good news, you don't know this but you are the one helping me to get past these days waiting for my biopsy result. Having read what you went through and can now sigh a relief is what we need to know. I did read your first post, were you on Xeloda for this and if so how long did it take for an obvious result. The neck biopsy on the same side as the breast I am having trouble with was quoted as being similar cells but not the same. I had Xeloda for first bout of skin mets and it worked, but then with Herceptin it didn't stop the next lot coming on the same side so after my visit for Herceptin and the nurse telling me that there wasn't much more that I could have, that really made my day, I didn't believe her but it would be reassuring if they showed a bit of positivity as well instead of them looking defeated.

Love & Hugs Lyn

eric
02-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Hey Maryanne,

That's GREAT news!!! Enjoy it. My wife also had mets to lungs and liver and the liver took longer to show clear on the scan. According to the onc, sometimes scar tissue on the liver takes longer to absorb. Turned out to be true since her most recent scan was clear.

Have fun celebrating or as one woman on this board replied when I posted my wife's good news...(might not be an exact quote but the way I remember it)...celebrate by running naked through the fields screaming with joy! When I read it, it made me laugh as I hope it does you.

Warmest regards,
Eric

michelemd
02-01-2005, 07:43 PM
Congrats!!!
You deserve it

I may get up to NYC who knows -- my onc is fixated on that trial Id have to come to BYC once a week -- I dunno.

Cheers
Michele

*_madubois63_*
02-02-2005, 05:49 AM
Eric - Thanks for letting me know about the liver. Nothing showed up on the PET, but it is still on the CAT. I hope the next CAT shows absolutely nothing!

eric
02-02-2005, 07:04 PM
*_madubois63_*,

My wife's CAT also raised some questions but the PET came back clear. No gauranty, but of the two I'll put more weight in the PET. My wife's off chemo for now and her tumor markers last week were excellent so as so many of this boards wonderful members have said...we're enjoying each day and assuming her NED. I hope you can do the same.

Warmest regards,
Eric

ginger
02-02-2005, 07:31 PM
Hoping all the best for you - Congrats!

Lolly
02-02-2005, 10:27 PM
Maryann, it is so good to hear your news! I know you're very happy and you should also feel PROUD of yourself for fighting a hard battle and winning! Thanks for sharing your good news with all the rest of us, it's a joy for all of us when we can celebrate with each other.

Love, Lolly