PDA

View Full Version : Brain Met follow up

tennischik
01-31-2005, 02:06 PM
I had GK on Dec. 8 for a 5 MM met. Wed I had a follow up MRI. Totally disappeared. The only things left are two "spots" to watch. Too small to deal with and don't even know if they are mets. Were there in Dec. with 1st MRI and may have even shrunk possibly from chemo seeping in.
Mickey

StephN
01-31-2005, 07:27 PM
That's great, Mickey!

The rad onc says he expects my small met to also disppear, but said that the larger one will likely leave a trace of itself.

How are you doing post-Decadron? I am in second week of taper and feel this stuff sapping my strength. I have lost about 5-6 pounds even though I am eating more. My thigh muscles are the worst plus fluid buid-up around my knees. But my sleep is ok again.

The rad onc nurse today told me that my symptoms are common and that I will have to build up my legs again, if they are this bad - I am 55, and maybe my age is starting to show ;(

tennischik
01-31-2005, 08:33 PM
I did not need decadron since mine was so small but I am taking with my chemo since I had a bad reaction to taxotere first time around and I was so nauseus that I would throw up for 4 days straight. I have a better time being on decadron. My lung met is almost gone and that will make me clear. Then I hope to be off of a lot of this poisen. The decadron does cause me a lack of sleep and a big appetite, but I have not gained weight and am relatively thin anyway. Steph: I live in Portland and visit Seattle frequently. It is a great city.
Mickey

madubois63
01-31-2005, 10:14 PM
So glad to hear your good news. Keep up the good work. NED is jsut around the corner...Maryann

Lolly
02-02-2005, 02:47 PM
Mickey, that's great news, and what's your secret to not gaining weight on Decadron?! I bet a few of us would love to know :)

Love, Lolly