PDA

View Full Version : Mary's Memorial

Christine
01-29-2005, 09:56 AM
I would like to hear from anyone who has communicated with Mary over the past few years.
Just a few words .

Ann in Boston
01-29-2005, 12:30 PM
Mary, I wish you many hugs and slurps in heaven. With fond memories and hugs and meows, Ann in Boston and George the wonder cat.

Lisa
01-29-2005, 01:59 PM
Christine,
I'm close to writing this. Very Hard. But I will by tomorrow.

Love and light,

Lisa

StephN
01-29-2005, 08:13 PM
Mary -
When I came to the HER2support board, you were already here giving so unselfishly to those "newbies" with their fears raw and hearts so bare. Your example helped me to have courage to speak up as well, to tell my story and to ask and answer questions. I will continue with you in my memory.
Rest well and shine on.

Lolly
01-29-2005, 08:29 PM
I always smiled when I saw I had an e-mail from Mary, knowing my day would be brightened with a great picture of one of the pups doing some cute thing, like getting tangled up in a string of Christmas lights! I treasured the picture of the spotted fawn curled up on the steps and used it as my desktop background. Mary was such a strong, steady presence on the Her2 site and her always helpful and sensible advice will be so greatly missed, but we WILL keep the faith and carry the fight forward, always forward.
I would like to share this poem, by Issac Watts, in Mary's Memory:

"Hush! my dear, lie stilll and slumber,
Holy angels guard thy bed!
Heavenly blessing without number
Gently falling on thy head."

- Issac Watts
Divine Songs

With Love,
Lolly

wlward
01-29-2005, 10:46 PM
Mary always took the time to share words of encouragement when I was fearful and gave me the courage to be hopeful.In her memory I will continue to do so and forever keep her words in my heart.

love
lindaw

Linda in Calif.
01-29-2005, 10:59 PM
Hi Christine: Could you let me know when Mary's memorial is going to take place if you know. If it's possible for me to go, I would like to attend.

I first met Mary via my computer. I remember welcoming her to the HER2 Web site. Her posts there were always helpful and positive. Not only did I know her through the HER2 Support Group but we became e-friends as well and sent each other cards and posts almost every day. I always ended my posts to her with "Give the Pups some pats from me." because her "little ones" were so much a part of her life. Then came the night a week before I was to have my reconstructive surgery when a strange woman showed up on my doorstep bearing the most beautiful flower arrangement you could imagine and said, "Hi, I'm Mary and I just wanted to give you a "little something" because I knew you were nervous about your surgery." The flowers were beautiful but not nearly as beautiful as the friendship Mary and I started that day. I was lucky that I lived close to the Vet she took her dogs to. Every so often she would stop by and drop a "little something" off that she thought I would like or that the children I cared for would enjoy. I have numerous angels Mary brought me over the last 2 years that will always remind me of the generous, caring and special person she was. I will miss my friend who was always so positive and optimistic even when things were difficult. You could always count on her to cheer you up if you were down. I like to think that Mary is now one of the angels she liked so much. I'm sure God has put her in charge of all the "Pups" in heaven....there couldn't be a more perfect person for the job. Mary, where ever you are..... Take Care, Linda in Calif

Linda in Chicago
01-30-2005, 06:31 AM
Christine:

I know you may not remember me but I lost my twin sister in 2003 from this terrible disease.

It was as though Mary adopted me. I received cards, e-mails etc. from her all the time. Her sympathy for my loss when she was also going through this always amazed me.

Christmas time, Valentine's Day, she would sent me these little angels about how she was thinking of me. One day I received this beautiful angel that is holding a star, on the gown of the angel is carved " Perhaps they are not stars in the sky but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy." It was right after I had a star named after my sister. Mary's timing was always incredible.

I read the board all the time and know how much everyone looked forward to hearing from her as I did. She was inspirational to so many. We will all miss her but never forget her.

Linda in Chicago

Lisa
01-30-2005, 05:41 PM
Christine,

I wrote a message, but it seems to have disappeared. I'll try again:

"137 e-cards. 133 e-mails. Dozens more greeting cards and numerous angel figurines. I was one of many women receiving such gifts from Mary. If our purpose in this life is about love and service, then Mary did it right. She took an unhappy childhood and turned it into a life of giving. As for her own illness, her fighting attitude never waivered. She became the backbone for many of us as we fought our own fights. Mary, you are already missed. Stay in touch.

Love and light here and above,

Lisa"

Hope
01-31-2005, 03:15 PM
I first met Mary through this web-site about a year ago when I was so afraid to have a portocath put in. I found out she lived in San Diego and she called me and gave me so mucy encouragement about having procedure done. We kept in touch and I sometimes called her to get advice as to medication for my dog. Frieda,who also had cancer. We lost her on December 1st. I had the opportunity to meet Mary in person as at Cancer fair here in San Diego sometime in the summer. Christine , joe and Linda werre also there. On that day, Mary gave me two beautiful music boxes which I have on my nightstand in my bedroom and which I will always treasure. We were always planning to have lunch, but somehow that didn't materialize. Mary always sent me such beautiful cards through 3-mail. What a thoughtful person, I will probably not ever meet again. I love you Mary and I know you are up in heaven enjoying the wonderful animals. If you see my Frieda, around, tell her I miss her and love her . I know, Mary, we'll all meet again someday!. Enjoy Heaven and all this glory!