PDA

View Full Version : i can't believe this again....

michele u
01-25-2005, 10:29 PM
He emailed me back right away again! I told him i was 17 months out with 34 pos nodes. He said:

This is good. Think of it this way, the fact that the disease has not recurred trumps the initial poor prognosis. Every month that your're disease free is another trump. If you can make it to 3 years or so without a recurrence, you'll have erased the 34 pos nodes!"

Wow, I needed that! I'm crossing my fingers i can make the 3 year mark. And for you that have, celebrate

Kristen
01-26-2005, 05:11 AM
Michelle,
I found the article and tried to email you back, but they won't let you on this board, you have to wait 15 minutes? Thank you K

imported_Joe
01-26-2005, 05:37 AM
Kristen,

Please email me at: Joe@her2support.org and describe this problem. I really don't have any idea what you are talking about.

Warmest Regards
Joe

*_jeff_*
01-26-2005, 08:09 AM
Michele,

That's great news and thanks for posting it! I've heard frequently that IF her2 tumors are going to recur they tend to do so on the early side--within two years or so (that might be because they also tend to be grade 3, which is a predictor of early recurrence). While other breast cancer profiles have a kind of steady curve (is that the right word?) of recurrence, her2+ have a steep grade and a steep drop. Sorry for my imprecise language: I didn't make it far in math/science.

I also wanted to make a plug for doing as Michele did and writing (or calling) researchers/oncs who publish stuff that grabs your eye. I've been amazed at how quickly and fully I've heard back from just about everyone I've ever written too on the subject. I have a long list of "good guys" and just a short list of meanies (including one pathologist at a big NYC hospital who angrily accused me of trying to get a "free 2nd opinion" out of him).

All the best,
Jeff

Janis
01-29-2005, 02:00 PM
I guess because this is the first time I have been on this board, I'm not quite sure how to use it. But I noticed that you were talking about an article about Her-2 positive which seemed to indicate good news for people with this trait who had been through chemo, but I can't find the first message which says where the article is located or what it is about. Could you post that info under this message? I would be very interested in reading it as I am ER/PR neg and HER2 pos.

al from canada
01-29-2005, 02:27 PM
Janis,
Go to the "HER2 Gene" link at the very top of the page just below Christine's picture. There's lots of info there.
Al

Janis
01-29-2005, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the info Al--hate to seem so ignorant but where is the picture of Christine? I see a picture of who I thought was Michelle U but don't see one labeled Christine.

Janis
01-29-2005, 02:41 PM
Never mind--I found the link. Thanks!