PDA

View Full Version : Report for Cyndi

Ron, Cyndi's Husband
01-19-2005, 11:12 PM
Just about the time you think we have it headed in the right direction, the other stinking wheel falls off.

Cyndi had a routine follow-up brain MRI last week and the Rad. Onc. today. She has about seven new lesions, one or two could be restarts from past June. Since all the lesions at this time are tiny, less than 5-6 mm, and probably not very aggressive, we will wait until February 24 to have the next scan. For that MRI, they intend to do the scan as if setting up a SRS, a little more detail and if necessary, that may eliminate yet another scan. We were told by a Neurosurgeon in Dallas last May that a “little growth” in the tumor is not all bad as the radiation machines whether Cyber, Gamma, or what ever, can only be set to a limited small size. This means if the lesion is that size or larger, then the lesion gets the whole radiation and the surrounding will receive less damage. I hope that is understandable, sometime I am not so good at explaining things, either too much or too little detail.

So far, we are not overly concerned, we know the risk, and we know there are good outcomes. We know God, so good or bad; we know God is good, and faithful to those who trust. *And Besides*... We have a vacation planned for Hawaii beginning this Friday, and for the next week she is not going to have time to worry about cancer!

God Bless You All,
ron

Kristen
01-19-2005, 11:52 PM
Ron.
I am very sad to hear about Cindy and her reocurrance. You are right to keep an open mind and know that other options are available.

Have a great time in Hawaii and relax and enjoy. It's freezing up here! What I wouldn't give to be on some sandy beach enjoyin the sights and sounds of the ocean. such healing effects. Have a sage trip. K

StephN
01-20-2005, 12:03 AM
Dear Ron -
My heart feels this post!
After my experience this week, I know about that "rock in the stomach" when going in for a finer MRI or a followup scan. I escaped a bullitt myself with no new mets to treat yeaterday, but I also am NED otherwise.

I had a great week on Maui on Oct. (not knowing I was carrying around a growing brain met) and thoroughly enjoyed myself with another Stage IV friend treated with me here. Let the ocean wash away the worry and the warmth soothe the battered nerves. It works. It the time of my trip my CEA was edging up and I was suspicious of my disease.

"Mahalo" for you posts!

al from canada
01-20-2005, 12:05 AM
Ron,
I'm sorry to hear that. However, I'm sure that after you return from your much-needed rest in Hawaii, things will settle out you and Cindi will take care of business, with success.
Have a great trip,
Al

Cindi
01-20-2005, 09:40 AM
Ron,

Darn it ! I am so sorry that Cyndi and you have to deal with other mets. You are both so strong. What I have read about you both, implies to me what fighters you both are. May you enjoy your time in Hawaii. Let your time there rejuvenate you both to deal with the next "bump in the road" of this disease.

Take Care,

Cindi.

Celina
01-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Ron,
So sorry to hear about this setback. You will, no doubt, use your vacation time to relax and enjoy life. When you get back, Cyndi will be ready to face whatever comes her way.
Ron, I don't recall how Cyndi's previous tumors were treated. WBR ,SRS or none?

Ron, Cyndi's Husband
01-20-2005, 09:00 PM
Celina,

Cyndi's previous treatment last June-04 was WBR for numerous lesions. Original Metastisis was both lungs, too numerous to count, July-03.

Thanks for Asking &
God Bless You,
ron

Lolly
01-20-2005, 10:23 PM
Well, it's the eve of your departure for the Islands, and I am sure you both will have a much needed break from all the stress and worry...You will come back ready to take up battle stations again, and we'll be cheering you on...Have a great trip, and we'll "see" you when you get back.

Love, Lolly

*_celina_*
01-21-2005, 09:39 AM
Ron, Cyndi's schedule seems quite similiar to my sister's..she had her WBR May 04, with more leisons detected this past month. I am curious to know what Cyndi's treatment will be as we are meeting with rad. on Monday to discuss my sister's, and the details regarding location and number of new tumors. I gather from your e-mail that SRS is the route you will take? Best of luck and enjoy your trip.