PDA

View Full Version : Why do you keep chaning the format of this site?

Ronnie
01-19-2005, 08:34 PM
I don't intend to offend anyone, but I don't find this format easier to use. Why does the format keep changing?

Ron, Cyndi's Husband
01-19-2005, 11:29 PM
I guess the only thing to do is just jump into this format and start splashing around. None of us are eager for change.... Well especially if it means we have to learn "how to" again. This is still hard as Chinese arithmetic for me too, but we gotta' learn.

I am finding a few things I like better that the old version. For instance, at least all the replies are in chronological order. I bet if we give it a little time and try some things we will become more comfortable.

My biggest concern is that there does not seem to be as many people reading or posting as there were before. I would also bet that Joe could tell us some stats if pressed hard enough. It really will be easier when we get to second grade with this format.

God Bless The Reluctant,
That's ME for Sure,
ron

Kristen
01-19-2005, 11:47 PM
i agree, we don't get near the info we used to get. The format is okay. I just don't know if there are more people looking at this site now and don't know how/ or want to use it, but the old one, there was lively discsussion and different ideas discussed.

i don't mean to offend anyone either and i have dug into this and learned how to post and offer what I can, but only 1-3 responses is not like the old one. i still think a tutorial is needed to train us on all the sevices this site has to offer. That's just me, i could be wrong

al from canada
01-20-2005, 12:07 AM
I agree,
Joe, how about a quicky tutorial, new features, etc.
Al

*_Leslie_*
01-20-2005, 01:23 AM
I like having the pictures on this new board, but I am having a difficult time with reading the messages. I have a MAC computer and I am unable to tell what I have read. I spend a lot of time re-reading posts. On the other format, the read messages were a different color than the ones I hadn't read. I also miss the "cancer news" update that was easy to access at the end of the posting on the old board. I am not very computer literate and find that simpler is better for me. Maybe Joe could give us some hints.
Thanks for reading.
Leslie

Lyn
01-20-2005, 06:21 AM
I know what you mean, when you see how many have read a post, you wonder if what we post is of interest because hardly anyone gives a response anymore, or if they are posting they are not getting to the board.

Hugs Lyn

*_Trudy_*
01-20-2005, 01:01 PM
I agree that this is a lot more difficult to read than it used to be. Keeping it
simple was probably better for most of us. Can it be changed or made
more user-friendly?

Trudy

Kathy in NY
01-20-2005, 01:21 PM
I have to agree.....I like to know what posts I've read...but now I'm missing or rereading t hem.

Linda in Calif
01-20-2005, 03:11 PM
I have been having difficulty getting to our site since the change. If I used the e-mail address it would come up as unable to find that page. It took me weeks to find out by accident that I could get on to the site by doing a Yahoo Search which brought up our group. Then I could get in through that. I wonder if others have had the same problem? Linda

StephN
01-21-2005, 01:54 PM
To keep the site easy access BOOKMARK it and put into your "favorites" or whatever your Provider calls the place where you save web sites that you want to go back and find easily.

AFter I have been on the web, AOL keeps a little running history of where I have been at the top of the window that says "http:// etc, etc"
All I have to do is hit the arrow on the right end of that window and a drop down box appears with where I have been on the web that day and I can click there and come back to this site right where I left off.

Hope this will help some of you find easier coming back.

As for the ability to reply to a given post - that is somewhat lost now and we have to address a specific post if some more get between the one with the question we are answering.
Otherwise, we have to keep familiarizing ourselves with the additions.

I do like that fact that articles of interest get posted and not just a link on the homepage as somethimes I don't even start at the home page.

Kaye
01-21-2005, 07:58 PM
I find this format VERY easy to use and I can now get here easily which I could not do before on my MAC using aol--kept causing computer to 'crash.' It now works fine.