PDA

View Full Version : To Esther-Folic acid info.

Hope
01-18-2005, 03:55 PM
Hi Esther, I was told that you are currently on a trial with Xeloda, Navelbine at Loma Linda. Did they every tell you not to take Folic acid supplements in your multiple vitamin that has folic acid in it. I am trying to do some research on this. but some ladies have said their onc told them it was o.k. (like mine) and others told not to take it. Maybe, you can find some info on this for me. I spoke to Roche today, (the makers) but they said in their literature, that folic acid may interfere how Xeloda works in your body. Let me know if you find anything out on this. I will again also bring it up to my onc. on Thursday. I hope all is well with you. God bless you.

Esther
01-20-2005, 10:06 AM
Hi Hope, I have not been told anything about avoiding folic acid. I have been on Navelbine, xeloda and herceptin snce feb 04 now, and haven't come across that information.

I'll bring it up on my next appt with my onc.

As a side note, this treatment is going very well for me. My bone mets is now NED, and my liver mets is down to 2 1/2 inch tumors, which i'm hoping will clear soon.

ct scan coming up in feb, hoping for great news! last CA 27-29 was 49 so i'm happy that it's continuing to go down.

Hope
01-21-2005, 02:18 PM
Thanks Esther for your reply. I hope things continue to go well with you. Keep in touch. God bless you,