PDA

View Full Version : Herceptin + Arimidex

al from canada
01-13-2005, 08:58 PM
Hello everyone,
Linda is hormone + and HER2+ and has been taken off navelbine due to nerve damage. Anyone on both herceptine and arimidex? Are there any contra-indications to this regime?
Thank you,
Al

Kathy
01-14-2005, 04:55 AM
Hi Al,
I took Arimidex and Herceptin for 2 years with good results until my tumor markers started upwards and then switched to Faslodex. I am again stable.
Kathy

Jennifer
01-14-2005, 03:26 PM
Hello Al,

My sister has done great with Arimidex and Herceptin for almost a year. She started it after Herc., Taxotere and Xeloda. Good luck.

Jennifer

SusanAnne
01-14-2005, 10:29 PM
Hi Al,

Everything that I've read indicates that HER2 + cancers respond better to aromatase inhibitors than to tamoxifen. I requested the change (after I tested menopausal) and oncologist was more than happy to oblige. I wish her luck.

Susan

Esther
01-15-2005, 03:21 AM
Al, I was just wondering...did you decide against trying the vaccine trial at this time?

al from canada
01-15-2005, 09:06 AM
Esther,
Thanks for asking. As I just wrote to Lolly, we are in the application process. Linda gets her HLA test next week.
Al

al from canada
01-15-2005, 09:11 AM
Spoke to the onc yesterday about the Arimidex, he said it wouldn't hurt although although it has had limited success with liver mets. Any comments about this? Linda started arimidex today.
Al

*_Annemarie_*
01-15-2005, 10:05 AM
I am on Femara (with Lupron) and I get Hercetin every three weeks. I went with Femara because they seemed to have the most studies at the time.

*_Christine_*
01-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Al I don't think Arimedex is the kind of chemo you need to work with Herceptin. Arimidex is a hormone inhibitor and has a good respose according to studies at SABCS, with less side effects . Cn't say if this is what you are looking for based on lack of information. Try posting by citing resent condition and maybe we can help further.
Hugs to Linda Christine