PDA

View Full Version : need info on those on Xeloda

Hope
01-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Those of you on Xeloda, have any of you heard that we should not take vitamins with folic acid on folic acid while on Xeloda. It was on my prescription insert when as a precaution, when I went to pick upmy medicine yesterday. My onc. didn't know about it. She said to continue my vitamins. Please let me know if you have heard of this and if you continue to take vitamins with folic acid while on Xeloda. Thanks.

lindaw
01-13-2005, 04:43 PM
Dear Hope
I do not know about folic acid and Xeloda - sorry.
love
Lindaw

Lolly
01-13-2005, 05:29 PM
Hope, all I could find was references to folic acid supplements possibly increasing the chance of side effects from Xeloda. Perhaps that's what the insert is warning about, additional supplementation, rather than what's in your multiple vit. ?

Love, Lolly

StephN
01-13-2005, 05:37 PM
Hope -
I have not taken Xeloda - but Esther is on a trial with that and Navelbine - maybe she can get some info from Loma Linda.

All I know is that my med onc had me take extra folic acid (a tab of this alone) as well as B-6 to ehlp lessen neuro side effects of all the different chemos I had. Each time I was on chemo we kept to this as well as a while afterwards.

ONE thing is that the actual drug companies have a patient consultant line and YOU can ACTUALLY speak with one of those liason docs. Maybe this would be the easiest way to go.

Phone number may be even on the package insert or at least at their labs location.

Patty H
01-13-2005, 05:45 PM
When I took xeloda I was told not to take folic acid or even a multi that had foilc acid in it. Patty H

Velva
01-15-2005, 10:31 PM
I, like Patty H., was also told, no vitamins with Folic Acid.

Jan
01-19-2005, 04:03 PM
I, too, was also told to avoid folic acid and to take B6 to lessen the side effects from the Xeloda.....I take 200 mg per day of B6.