PDA

View Full Version : not only lung mets but brain mets too.

Hope
01-13-2005, 03:19 PM
Hi to all. All here is my latest. After the holiday, it was time for my 3 months scans. I had been on Gemzar/Herceptin for progressing lung mets. My monthly chest -rays showed stability. However, the latest CT scan is showing growth again in my lung mets. (however, only one, which measures 4.9 cms.) I am about all out of chemos. So I was elated to hear Abraxane will be out soon. However, they also found a recurring brain met again in the same area. They will do Gamma Knife towmorrow. In the meantime, until Abraxane is out, my onc will try Xeloda again with me and add Herceptin this time. She always told me that Xeloda/Herceptin were antagonistic to each other. Do any of you have any info. on this. I am also all wired on decadron right now and I hate the feeling. Please pray for me that all goes well for me. I feel that now I am really starting to fight my battle and with the grace of God and your prayers, I will if it is God's will. I will post another post about those of you on Xeloda anf folic acid. God bless you all!

jessica
01-13-2005, 04:20 PM
Hope,
Sending you prayers and positive energy to sustain you through tomorrow and beyond! I'll be looking forward to your posts & news about your progress.
Prayers, faith & courage,
Jessica

lindaw
01-13-2005, 04:42 PM
Dear Hope
I had xeloda abd herceptin recently for skin mets and a small local recurrence. It was very effective for me and I will return to it if anything else crops up. Good luck with this and Abraxane sounds very good too.

love
lindaw

Lolly
01-13-2005, 05:18 PM
Hope, prayers and best wishes for you with your gamma knife tomorrow...I'll be sending you positive energy. You will ALWAYS have us rooting for you, we're all in this together.

Love, Lolly

StephN
01-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Dear Hope -
I had not seen much from you since earlier in the Fall or so. Was feeling that may have been good news. But with this sneaky, unpredictable disease process we can never be too sure, right?

You are absolutely right in that we have to summon all healing powers and energy from sources seen and unseen to shore up our "warriors hearts" that we develop over time with this condition we have to own - called cancer.

WE have to become much more than who/what we were B.C. (before cancer), and having had the time to do this in almost 4.5 years since my Dx is going a long way through taking me over this latest hurdle with my new brain mets.

Be open and aware to all the positive healing energy coming to that brain met along with those powerful gamma rays tomorrow! Together we can smash that thing with one more heavy blow. POW! SOCKO!

Would be interested in some more detail on your brain mets (symptoms, only one?, size, when first found, etc.) when you feel able.

Linda in Calif
01-15-2005, 01:32 PM
Hi Hope: I am praying that all went well with your proceedure and you will be feeling better soon. Be sure to let us know how things are going with you...we all care. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take Care, Linda

Lyn
01-17-2005, 07:23 AM
Hi Hope, you are on my list, have the oncs considered giving you a triple chemo, it seems adding more helps the others, just a thought, seems carboplatinum is the flavour of the month and it worked well with my taxol.

Prayers, Love and Hugs Lyn