PDA

View Full Version : Mary Needs Your Prayers

Christine
01-13-2005, 01:55 PM
I called up hospice today to talk to Mary. There I talked to her friend Debbie who gave me some very grave news.

Mary has been in a coma for the past two days and they all feel that her prognosis is poor.

Hugs
Christine

Hope
01-13-2005, 02:13 PM
Christine, thanks for informing us about Mary. I think so much about her because, she was the person who encouraged me to get a portocath when I was so afraid to get one. And even though, I am having my medical problems too, I remember the upbeat person, helpful person, she has always been to me and people in on this website. I certainly will keep Mary in my prayers! And we still have God's presence that he will take care of her no matter what. The power of prayer is powerful.

Lisa
01-13-2005, 02:58 PM
This is hard to write. I just spoke with Mary's friend, Linda, in her hospice room. Mary slipped into coma over Monday night--the first night in many that Mike hasn't stayed with her since her sister was visiting from Philly. It was quite a shock to everybody. At this time, they have stopped all treatments and are giving her pain killers only.

For those of you who've been here for a while, you know that nobody was more positive than Mary. She'd had a tough life when she was young, and that helped shape who she is. Rather than let it destroy her, she chose to live for others, humans and dogs. Being married to Mike, whom she loves dearly helped, I'm sure.

I've asked to be called if anything changes. I don't want to answer the phone though.

Love and healing light to all,

Lisa

Lolly
01-13-2005, 04:10 PM
I will keep Mary and Mike and their family in my thoughts and prayers. She has done so much for so many, now it's her turn to be lifted up by our prayers.

Much love to Mary,
Lolly

Rozebud
01-13-2005, 04:19 PM
Lifting up Mary in prayers....

lolam
01-13-2005, 04:34 PM
This is the only support group I "attend" so your names are all etched in my heart. Mary has been here for so long and how we enjoyed her and benefitted from her presence here. It is so difficult to know that some of us do not win the battle in the way we had hoped. When we have the promise of heaven in our hearts though we know that whether here or at home in heaven, God has always been there and will be there.
I will also keep Mary and Mike in prayer. It is hard to be the one left behind. So Mike is esp. in our prayers.
It is up to all of us to fight that much harder, to press on for a cure so these goodbyes are fewer and fewer.
God bless us all, Lola

lindaw
01-13-2005, 04:40 PM
Dear Christine
Thankyou for keeping us informed about Mary.I miss her and will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

love
lindaw

*_Sheila_*
01-13-2005, 04:51 PM
Mary has many friends here praying for her , she has been an inspiration to me many times
Sheila

Lyn
01-13-2005, 06:29 PM
Thanks for keeping us informed, it is so hard trying to tough it out when we have that big stick BC bashing us all the way. I had a friend ring me yesterday, I had commented how I hadn't heard from her in such a long time and she is my son's stepmother, it seems she had to attend yet another funeral and she had a stack of church eulogy cards by the phone which she had collected over the last 12 months, she started crying and admitted she hadn't rung because she didn't want any more bad news and talking about it made her worse, but if we are summoned to a higher place then we can deal with it but it is always the heart break we leave behind, and that is what keeps me going I don't want to put my family and friends through it and I am praying for a miracle for Mary while my eyes are welled up with tears.

Love & Hugs Lyn

Kristen
01-14-2005, 01:21 AM
This board has become a staple in my life. I find so many wonderful women and men who are more than willing to help and share and understand the trials we go through. Mary is one of these women.

I pray for her and Mike and wish and hope that she pulls through.

Thank you Christine for the update. k

*_celina_*
01-14-2005, 09:39 AM
I'm thinking of Mary today..though I've never met her, I keep picturing her with her beloved dogs. I'm wishing her peace, and still hoping for a miracle....miracles happen every day.

Sandy H.
01-14-2005, 05:18 PM
It is hard for all of us on this board to start the new year out with one of our sister's being so ill. She has been in my prayers for a long time now and will continue to be. May she find comfort and peace ,if not all ready, soon. She deserves a new body free from any disease and most of all pain. This is such a difficult time for Mike and her little ones who she loved dearly. Its great to know she is in good care. Keep us posted. Hugs, Sandy

Linda in Calif
01-15-2005, 01:47 PM
I was so sad to see this post....Mary and I have been friends for the last 2 years. Just this last week I sent her a Get Well card promising to bake her some cookies when she was feeling better. Sometimes when she was in this area at the vets for one of her dogs she would stop by. She always had a "little something" for me or the daycare children. She is such a warm, caring, supportive person that it makes me sad that she is having to go through this. I constantly pray for a miracle because she has so much love to give the world. Linda

*_Patty D_*
01-17-2005, 01:34 PM
I am so saddened to hear about Mary and pray for her and her dear family- God has us all in the palm of His hand- Please keep us posted. God bless. Patty D