PDA

View Full Version : HALICHONDRIN or E7389

*_Ron_*
01-13-2005, 08:20 AM
Have any of you been involved with clinical trials of HALICHONDRIN or E7389. This drug is a derivative from marine sponge. There is not much information available on the web and most of the info is too old to be of much use. Cyndi’s Onc. has expressed an interest in enrolling her for this Phase II trial. He said that of the five patients currently participating, that two have had very positive responses. Forty percent at this game is not a bad average! He also said that so far the side effects have not been detrimental. He is generally pretty much up-front with us, so we are considering entering the trial.

God Bless,
ron

*_Esther_*
01-13-2005, 03:00 PM
Ron, I don't have any information to add on your question, but if you trust your onc. and feel that he has been upfront with you in sharing information in the past, then this trial may be a great option for your wife.

I do alot of research on my own, but ultimately I rely on my onc to put all the information in perspective and I trust him with my treatment choices.

If you feel the same about your onc, then proceed with the trial and be sure to keep us posted on your progress.