PDA

View Full Version : Update on Mom

brittd01
01-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to give all of you a quick update on my Mom. She just called from Houston and her liver tumor continues to shrink! She has had 12 rounds of taxol/carbo/herceptin. Now the tumor is hovering around 2cm (originally 8cm). Her onc. said that this is all good news and that the tumor is moving in the "right" direction. They are going to put Mom on Herceptin only for three months to see how she does on that alone. The onc. also said that many of her patients tumors continue to shrink on Herceptin alone. It was my understanding that Herceptin helped prevent the spread and kept tumors stable so I was very excited to hear there is a possibility of more shrinkage! Have any of you ladies experienced this?

Thanks for listening!

Brittany

sally
01-12-2005, 04:27 PM
I had one small spot on my liver. It disappeared after my Taxotere/carbo/Herceptin. I will continue with the Herceptin. My Dr. said we will take it year by year. There are new drugs and teatments more and more. Sally

Lisa
01-12-2005, 10:33 PM
Many of us on this Board have been hopeful that Herceptin alone would contain any further tumor growth. And for many that has been the case. But we're finding that for many of us, Herceptin must be combined with a chemo agent to prevent further growths. Nevertheless, most of us are still sold on Herceptin. Let's hope your Mom falls in the first group.

Love and light,

Lisa

Cindi
01-13-2005, 08:49 AM
I am so happy that your Mom is having such good results!!!!!!!!!!!! I will pray that Herceptin alone will keep her stable for many years to come.

Yes, you are right that Herceptin can cause Her2+++ patients' tumors to shrink or remain stable. That is the HOPE.

I am currently on Herceptin alone after a local/regional recurrence of BC (orginally dx. in 4/02). My last PET/CT scan showed that there was no spread. Like many others, it is my sincerest HOPE that the Herceptin is what will keep my cancer "at bay".

Again, I will keep your Mom in my prayers. It is GREAT news !!!!!!!!!!

Cindi.