PDA

View Full Version : lapatinib

scott
01-12-2005, 12:31 AM
I was wondering if anyone has been involved in a trial with Lapatinib (a drug targeting Her1 and Her2), or had any info on side effects or tumor shrinkage. I am very interested in this drug as it can possibly treat brain mets where Herceptin can't and may even be more potent than Herceptin as it targets 2 receptors.

Thanks,

Scott

Jackie
01-12-2005, 04:49 PM
No, I haven't heard of it but certainly would be interested in whatever you discover...as many others here would be!
Thanks,
Jackie

Sandy H.
01-12-2005, 05:03 PM
There is a lady I met in San Antionio who is IBC and she is in this trial. She takes Herceptin and Lapatinib together. Hugs, Sandy

Hope
01-13-2005, 02:49 PM
I have heard of this trial. In fact my onc was going to put me on it a while back but then I responded to the chemo at the time. However, how I have exhausted it. I wish now, I would have accepted the trial. However, I believe the trial is been down at UCLA . I think Joe, Christine's hushand might have some information on this. I think he told me they were getting good results. Please let me know if you find out more about this. I think a lot of us are all interested.